Sunday, March 29, 2009

Weekly Menu 3/29 - 4/04/09

This past Saturday I hosted a craft beer tasting with food pairing for Cookin' MN at the fabulous Twin Cities beer store Four Firkins.
Craft Beer Tasting at Four Firkins
We got to sample 11 beers & foods such as sausage, cheese, curry & chocolate to go with them. Most people think of pairing food with wine but this really showed us how easy it is to do with beer as well. Some of the beers such as the German smoked beer we tried, were even better when had with the correct food pairing.
Craft Beer Tasting at Four Firkins
Menu Planning Monday...

Matt is back working in Silicon Valley this week which means our little kitchen for two is going to be a kitchen for one. Like last time he traveled, I'm going to try really hard to cook all my meals instead of reverting to frozen or prepared meal.

Lemongrass and Asparagus Risotto - My entry for this month's Royal Foodie Joust

Mac & Blue Cheese - Going to figure out how to make a favorite into a single serving

Sausage, Red Beans & Rice - I have some leftover sausage from the beer tasting this weekend & thought this would be a good way to use it up.

Ham, Gruyere & Fig Panini - This is all about the fig spread to me.

Plus this month's Recipes to Rival challenge will be reveled on Wednesday.

I probably won't do a cupcake this week as I don't need a batch all for myself! 

If you are not reading this post in a feed reader or at http://agoodappetite.blogspot.com OR at http://agoodappetite.com then the site you are reading is illegally publishing copyrighted material. Contact me at katbaro AT yahoo DOT COM. All recipes, text and photographs in this post are the original creations & property of the author unless otherwise noted.
© 2007-2009 Kathy Lewinski

8 comments:

meseidy said...

Can you tell me how your are getting your hands on some figs? I have been wanting to try this recipe but unfortunatly out here in Tulsa, OK, everyone tells me I have to wait till at least August. UGH! I miss FL, where I could get almost anything year round.

kat said...

meseidy - Oh I can't get fresh fig here in MN either, the produce guy told me that they do get them but usually they are so damaged in shipping from CA that they won't sell them. I'll be using a fabulous fig spread for my panini.

Ben said...

I'd like to do that beer tasting someday. There is a place here in town that I need to visit soon. It's so hard to cook for one, isn't it? Looking forward for your Joust entry :D

Elra said...

I never been to beer tasting before, sounds like fun. I like your menu as well, especially waiting for that fig panini.
Cheers,
erla

Lori said...

I would be so interested in doing a beer tasting. I never thought there could be so many flavor variations. We have a store here called Beers of the World. Maybe I should check it out. I heard of a really good English beer called John Smith's- I think that is the name.

Dragon said...

I don't think I'd ever pair chocolate and beer together but I'm willing to give it a try. :)

Psychgrad said...

Sounds like a neat hosting job! I should take a closer look at the meetup options in my city.

Lori said...

What a fun party! All that beer and good food. Yum! I'm looking forward to that Mac and Blue Cheese and the Panini this week!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Get Email Updates!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Measurement Abbreviations

T = Tablespoon
t = teaspoon
c = cup
lb = pound
oz - ounce

Labels

Blog Archive

Contributors