Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Postcard from India

What can I tell you about India? We saw many beautiful things there.
Taj Mahal at sunriseSun coming throughAmber FortHawa Mahal
We also saw many slums and pile upon pile of trash everywhere.
Boy at Construction Site - Delhi#236 - Morning Washing
We were overwhelmed by the crowds, traffic and incredible heat & humidity (that's what we get for going during summer & monsoon season!).
Village StreetOn the back of a bicycle rickshaw
We saw cows, goats, sheep, pigs and monkeys all roaming freely plus oxen, camel & elephants working.
#235 - Street CowsMonkeys on the highwayCamel cartCatching an elephant ride
We were lucky to be in Nagpur during festival season & got to visit many of the neighborhood Ganesh displays as well as see how the idols are made.
Ganesha Display#239 - Ganesha in Progress
Now, I know you all expected to hear a lot about the food. Surprisingly, I didn't photograph any of it, curry just doesn't photograph well. We really enjoy Indian food and had some wonderful food though I found much of it to be too spicy for whimpy me, Matt loved it. The Indians also seem to love Chinese food though its changed for their tastes, egg rolls with hot peppers in them anyone? I will admit after almost two weeks of Indian food for every meal I was really looking forward to something different.
Vegetable ShoppingLike flowers in the fieldsBarber ShopRangoli
To see more of my pictures visit my India 2009 Flickr set.

If you are not reading this post in a feed reader or at http://agoodappetite.blogspot.com OR at http://agoodappetite.com then the site you are reading is illegally publishing copyrighted material. Contact me at katbaro AT yahoo DOT COM. All recipes, text and photographs in this post are the original creations & property of the author unless otherwise noted.
© 2007-2009 Kathy Lewinski

7 comments:

Finla said...

I am so jealous.
I miss home and seeing you pictures have made me more homesick.
Wonderful to hear you anjoyed India.

Lori said...

The photos are so beautiful! What a great trip. All that spicy food sounds so great to me. :) India is on the list, but it will likely be a while before we make it there.

Fresh Local and Best said...

It looks like an awesome trip. The photos are amazing.

Thistlemoon said...

Welcome back Kat and Matt! I can only imagine the varied spectrum that you would see throughout India. I am sure this was an experience that has changed you in some way.

vanillasugarblog said...

An experience of a lifetime indeed. I bet it was hot there at that time of year. Please tell me you'll share more of the food you ate? I am so curious about that aspect.

jillian said...

It looks like a really interesting trip. The photos are beautiful.

Tangled Noodle said...

Welcome back! Your photographs are incredible - I also checked out your Flickr set. The architectural pics are particularly gorgeous. No need for food pics after I was taken by the photos at the textile shop! What do you plan to make with the fabrics you bought?

Thanks so much for sharing your travels with us!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Get Email Updates!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Measurement Abbreviations

T = Tablespoon
t = teaspoon
c = cup
lb = pound
oz - ounce

Labels

Blog Archive

Contributors

Blog Directory for Minneapolis, Minnesota