Monday, September 28, 2009

Weekly Menu 9/27 - 10/3

Fall is finally in the air here in Minneapolis.
Fall
The leaves are starting to fall & the asters are in bloom.
Chomp chomp chomp
The squirrels are busily stripping our neighbor's tree of black walnuts & leaving piles of shells everywhere (plus filling the air with the sounds of their chomping).

Really what it means for us is the return of cold weather food favorites as seen in this week's Menu Planning Monday...

Stuffed Maple Burger with Spicy Apple Bacon Compote

Roast Chicken & Vegetables

Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup - Using the leftover chicken, of course

Swedish Meatballs or Tamales (I'm home alone so whichever item in the freezer appeals to me the most.)

Grown-up Mac & Cheese - The cherry tomatoes are done for the year I think so I'll just add some chopped romas

Two Bean Beef Chili

If you are not reading this post in a feed reader or at http://agoodappetite.blogspot.com OR at http://agoodappetite.com then the site you are reading is illegally publishing copyrighted material. Contact me at katbaro AT yahoo DOT COM. All recipes, text and photographs in this post are the original creations & property of the author unless otherwise noted.
© 2007-2009 Kathy Lewinski

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Do I miss fall foliage. I mention to my husband I think our next move should be back east. We'll see.
You have some terrific recipes this week.
I love MPM. I get so much inspiration from the participants.

Jersey Girl Cooks said...

Love the fall meals you have planned.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Get Email Updates!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Measurement Abbreviations

T = Tablespoon
t = teaspoon
c = cup
lb = pound
oz - ounce

Labels

Blog Archive

Contributors

Blog Directory for Minneapolis, Minnesota