Saturday, December 5, 2009

What we did with CSA box #15 and what's in box #16

Once again we were traveling for one week of this box so a lot less to show (also I don't put everything I use onions & garlic in since that would be just about every dish.)
What we did with CSA box #15
1. Curried Root Vegetable Soup (recipe next week) 2. Maple-Glazed Chicken & Squash
3. Corn & Sausage Chowder (recipe next week) 4. Maple-Glazed Sweet Potatoes, Apples & Bacon

And what's in box #16....
IMG_7332
Kabocha & Festival Squash - We have quite a stash of squash right now, luckily it stores well in our cool basement. We'll continue to use it as a side dish mainly

Tat Soi- I'm thinking this will be a good addition to a soup

Parsnips - In soup, stew & roasted

Celeriac - Matt plans on using this in clam chowder

Sweet Potatoes - Stacey Snacks had a recipe for Sweet Potato Gratin I want to try

Carrots - We have an overload of carrots right now. I'll use some in lentil stew & perhaps some bread but I think its time to prepare some for freezing.

Sunchokes - I'm always so happy to see these, they are amazing roasted

Scarlet Turnip - Thinking a lamb & root vegetable stew

Rutabaga - In the same stew as the turnip

Baby Beets - These beauties call out to be roasted, they probably don't even need to be peeled.

Onions

Garlic

The box also had a head of cabbage & some beauty heart radishes but I left them for someone else as we already have enough of both.

Only one more box left this year.

If you are not reading this post in a feed reader or at http://agoodappetite.blogspot.com OR at http://agoodappetite.com then the site you are reading is illegally publishing copyrighted material. Contact me at katbaro AT yahoo DOT COM. All recipes, text and photographs in this post are the original creations & property of the author unless otherwise noted.
© 2007-2009 Kathy Lewinski

4 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

The sweet potato dish is my favorite! :)

George Gaston said...

kat & Matt... all of your upcoming meals sound absolutely incredible. Each week you have taken a box of assorted ingredients and made unbelievable things with them. I think there needs to be a "kat & Matt cooks creatively" Food Network Series next year.

Toni @ Imperfect Pregnancy said...

I second George Gaston! You guys are amazing cooks. I am most inspired and jealous.

Jeff said...

jealous! I have been on a parsnips kick especially in stews. Heck I would probably throw everything in a pan and roast immediately.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Get Email Updates!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Measurement Abbreviations

T = Tablespoon
t = teaspoon
c = cup
lb = pound
oz - ounce

Labels

Blog Archive

Contributors

Blog Directory for Minneapolis, Minnesota