Saturday, October 10, 2009

What we did with CSA box #11 and what's in box #12


What we did with CSA box #11
1. Pepper Chutney 2. Sweet Potato & Black Bean Curry 3. Potato & Celeriac Buttermilk Gratin (recipe to come) 4. White Bean & Spinach Soup 5. Chicken Noodle Soup 6. Vols au Vent filled with Chicken & Vegetables

What's in box #12
What's in CSA Box #12
Spinach - I've been rowing spinach into all my soups & stews lately
Arugula - Think I'll make a salad with some of the squash & peppers & some fried goat cheese
Rainbow Chard - Another green we like in soups though its also good sautéed up with some garlic as a side dish.
Broccoli - My go to green side just steamed
Leeks - I love roasted leeks, perhaps in a gratin with the potatoes
Butternut Squash - Think this is the squash I'll roast for the salad
Delicata Squash - We fell in love with this squash last year. Its perfect just roasted in the skin for a side dish with a little butter.
UV Roaster, Ukraine and Jalapeno Peppers - Think I may roast some of these up & freeze them for later use.
Red & Yellow Onions - It seems like I use onions in every dish
Potatoes - Maybe its time for a potato leek soup or potato leek bread, yum!
Garlic
Carrots - We've gotten into the habit of having carrot sticks with lunch instead of a big pile of chips.

Find more ideas on using your CSA box at Cooking Away My CSA

If you are not reading this post in a feed reader or at http://agoodappetite.blogspot.com OR at http://agoodappetite.com then the site you are reading is illegally publishing copyrighted material. Contact me at katbaro AT yahoo DOT COM. All recipes, text and photographs in this post are the original creations & property of the author unless otherwise noted.
© 2007-2009 Kathy Lewinski

2 comments:

Unplanned Cooking said...

Hi! I just stumbled onto your website and love it. I'm planning on signing up for a CSA, which will definitely challenge my cooking skills, so thanks for the recipes (and I love your photos).

Beth Morey said...

YUM! I love:
- sweet potatoes
- black beans
- Indian food
- my crock pot

I'm totally bookmarking this to make during the week.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Get Email Updates!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Measurement Abbreviations

T = Tablespoon
t = teaspoon
c = cup
lb = pound
oz - ounce

Labels

Blog Archive

Contributors

Blog Directory for Minneapolis, Minnesota