Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Reviewing the Recipes - Quick Salmon Tikka

We cook a lot of recipes from around the internet and various cookbooks that I don't write about because we don't change the recipe much or at all. I decided to start a series reviewing some of those recipes...

This Jamie Oliver recipe caught may attention when Jamie twittered that people were really liking it. As I'm always looking for new ways for us to eat fish this went on the weekly menu.
Indian Salmon Wrap
We were both a little skeptical but, it was absolutely fabulous! The recipe called for a particular brand of tandoori curry paste, we had some Fortnum & Mason korma sauce in the fridge so, that is what we used instead. Its flavor was perfect with the salmon (seriously, I'm going to want my salmon in korma sauce from now on). Other than that, the only change we made was to leave the fresh chili out of the yogurt sauce because I wanted the sauce to be cooling not spicy. It didn't look like a ton of yogurt sauce but the recipe ended up making twice what we needed.
Indian Salmon Wrap
I ended up calling this dish Indian Salmon Wraps because you eat the salmon, yogurt sauce and some cilantro wrapped up in naan. We found naan in the deli of our grocery store. It was quite good just heated for a few minutes in the oven. If you can't find naan another thick flat bread should do the trick, even something like Boboli. With the store-bought naan, quick yogurt sauce and small pieces of salmon that cooked up in no time this dish came together in less than half an hour, perfect for lunch or a fast dinner.

For a super easy side dish I made Cumin Roasted Cauliflower. The cauliflower is broken into florets then placed on a baking sheets where is it tossed with olive oil, kosher salt and dried cumin. Roast at 400 F until brown, about 15 - 20 minutes. I could eat cauliflower cooked this way for a snack instead of popcorn or potato chips.

If you are not reading this post in a feed reader or at http://agoodappetite.blogspot.com OR at http://agoodappetite.com then the site you are reading is illegally publishing copyrighted material. Contact me at katbaro AT yahoo DOT COM. All recipes, text and photographs in this post are the original creations & property of the author unless otherwise noted. © 2007-2011 Kathy Lewinski

4 comments:

Lori said...

I really need to explore his cookbooks more. I hear such great things. I know just what you mean about cooking from books and not changing it. I want content for my blog, but sometimes I just want to make the good stuff of others!

Maris (In Good Taste) said...

This looks delicious and i may just make it tonight!

Anonymous said...

I don't know if my husband would like this, but I'd gobble it right up!

Beth (jamandcream) said...

Jamie never lets me down. looks fab Kat

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Get Email Updates!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Measurement Abbreviations

T = Tablespoon
t = teaspoon
c = cup
lb = pound
oz - ounce

Labels

Blog Archive

Contributors

Blog Directory for Minneapolis, Minnesota