Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Gazpacho Chicken

The other night we were having chicken thighs for dinner, but I hadn't really planned on how I was going to prepare them. Then as I was looking through the fridge I noticed some leftover gazpacho. Suddenly, it hit me that gazpacho would make a great braising sauce for chicken. Gazpacho Chicken
My inspiration was right on. The gazpacho made for a great light, summer tomato sauce and bonus, got one more container of leftovers out of my fridge!

There is no real recipe here. Just heat some olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Brown pieces of boneless chicken on both sides. Add enough gazpacho to just barley cover the chicken. Bring to a boil. Turn down the heat, cover and let simmer until the chicken is cooked through about 30 minutes. Remove the cover and let the sauce boil until reduced and thickened a bit. Serve over hot rice.

If you are not reading this post in a feed reader or at http://agoodappetite.blogspot.com OR at http://agoodappetite.com then the site you are reading is illegally publishing copyrighted material. Contact me at katbaro AT yahoo DOT COM. All recipes, text and photographs in this post are the original creations & property of the author unless otherwise noted. © 2007-2011 Kathy Lewinski

1 comment:

Alicia Foodycat said...

That looks very tasty! I had some chicken thighs in the fridge the other day so I battered and deepfried them... well done you for making the healthy choice!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Get Email Updates!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Measurement Abbreviations

T = Tablespoon
t = teaspoon
c = cup
lb = pound
oz - ounce

Labels

Blog Archive

Contributors

Blog Directory for Minneapolis, Minnesota