Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Favorite things - Take & Bake Bread

I'm currently addicted to Grace Baking's Take & Bake Pugliese.
CIMG3630.JPG
I love good crusty breads with soup or pasta but it goes stale so fast that if I do my shopping on Sunday its not good for dinner later in the week. The Take & Bake on the other hand I just throw in the freezer & pull it out the night I want to cook it. I bake it still frozen & it still comes out perfect after only 12 minutes. Plus the 8oz loaf it a perfect size for 2 or 3 people.

I've noticed something weird though lately, whenever I go to buy it on Sunday afternoon I am always getting the last loaf on the shelf. This has happened at Marina Super, Calmart and Safeways. Its happened so often that I can't help but notice, what could explain this strange phenomenon?

I wonder if you can par bake your own homemade bread to freeze and finish at a different time? I googled par bake bread & didn't really see anything on it, might be time to hit some of the cookbooks to see what they say. Since Matt is growing quite a sour dough starter right now we might have to do some experiments.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would like to find a recipe for a good "Take and Bake" bread. I hope you come up with something.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Get Email Updates!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Measurement Abbreviations

T = Tablespoon
t = teaspoon
c = cup
lb = pound
oz - ounce

Labels

Blog Archive

Contributors

Blog Directory for Minneapolis, Minnesota