Tuesday, March 23, 2010

How does your garden grow? Fast!

I'm always amazed at how quickly the little green seedlings pop up in our seed starting trays.
Broccoli
After a week the broccoli has almost reached the top of the plastic greenhouse cover.
Jalapenos
Two more jalapenos have come up since I took this picture on Sunday. We're pretty happy to see such good germination since these seeds were a year old. Today we saw the first of the ancho peppers start to peek through the soil too. Today we'll plant the sweet little carnival peppers, my special request for this year's garden. Matt spent the weekend digging out the old raised beds. He cut the two 8' x 4' in half to make four 4' x 4' beds. The dirt is still a little frozen so moving it around is hard work & he only got once bed put back in so far.

We did use a little of the bounty from last summer when I had some friends over last night to make homemade ravioli with the garlic scape pesto that we froze last spring.
Rolling out the doughMaking ravioli
Making ravioliMaking ravioli
Three cheese ravioli ready to cookThree Cheese Ravioli

If you are not reading this post in a feed reader or at http://agoodappetite.blogspot.com OR at http://agoodappetite.com then the site you are reading is illegally publishing copyrighted material. Contact me at katbaro AT yahoo DOT COM. All recipes, text and photographs in this post are the original creations & property of the author unless otherwise noted.
© 2007-2010 Kathy Lewinski

7 comments:

Healthy. Happy. Well. said...

I can't wait to start growing my herbs! Your seedling trays look great!

Lo said...

That ravioli looks amazing. And all the better when it's shared with friends!

So much hope during this time of the year when all the little seedlings are sprouting and making their way up through the ground! Looks like yours are off to a good start.

We've not started on our gardens yet, but I'm growing eager to get out there and get my hands dirty!

Thistlemoon said...

I am so jealous of your cute little seedlings! I still have to wait one more month...

Valen said...

I really need to get into gardening! The ravioli looks great!

Lori said...

How exciting! I'm amazed too. I have some peaking through the soil and it has only been a few days!

Michelle said...

Seeds are fine as long as they are keep dry and safe from mice. I've planted seeds that we bought at least 20 yrs ago and they came up just fine.

I planted garlic last fall and it's up about 4" now. Can't wait until garlic harvest this comig July!

Deborah said...

I can't wait until it starts warming up here enough to plant!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Get Email Updates!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Measurement Abbreviations

T = Tablespoon
t = teaspoon
c = cup
lb = pound
oz - ounce

Labels

Blog Archive

Contributors

Blog Directory for Minneapolis, Minnesota