Saturday, July 3, 2010

American as Apple Pie Pimm's Cup

Here's what I'll be drinking around the bbq as the fireworks go off tomorrow.
American as Apple Pie Pimm's Cup
The Pimm's Cup is really a classic English drink but Matt & I were inspired by the version at the Sample Room here in Minneapolis & added some Crispin Honey Crisp Apple Cider to it instead of lemonade. What could be more American than the good old apple, plus bonus, the honey crisp is a Minnesota variety! This little cocktail is not too sweet but has a nice honey flavor. be careful though, t's one of those drink that could hit you before you realize how many you've had. I went classic with the cucumber slice but I think next time I'll add an apple slice.
Mixing me a Pimm's Cup

American as Apple Pie Pimm's Cup
This recipe is for one cocktail but I bet you could easily mix up a pitcher of these to have on hand at your bbq.

2 oz Pimm's #1
Crispin Honey Crisp Cider
Soda Water
Cucumber or Apple Slice

FIll a tall drink glass with ice. Add 2 ounces Pimm's. Fill 2/3 full with Crispin. Fill completely with soda water. Garnish with apple or cucumber slice.

Makes 1 cocktail

Happy 4th of July!

If you are not reading this post in a feed reader or at http://agoodappetite.blogspot.com OR at http://agoodappetite.com then the site you are reading is illegally publishing copyrighted material. Contact me at katbaro AT yahoo DOT COM. All recipes, text and photographs in this post are the original creations & property of the author unless otherwise noted.© 2007-2010 Kathy Lewinski

6 comments:

Tangled Noodle said...

Though it looks like a refreshing glass of sweet iced tea, I bet this packs a punch! We have neither Pimm's nor Crispin Cider in the house, so I know where I'll be headed today . . . Cheers and Happy 4th of July!

Beth (jamandcream) said...

one of my favourite drinks! But like you say - it's potent

grace said...

i've never been much of a boozer, but that could all change pretty quickly if i had a taste of this--it sounds like it would perfectly suit my tastes!

Steff @ The Kitchen Trials said...

I love Pimm's Cups in all its variations. And this version sounds like something I'd really like. Thanks for sharing!

Christiana Thomas said...

YUM! I've been wondering what else I could do with the Pimms. This is just the thing!

Lori said...

Yum! You don't see many apple cocktails except martinis. I'm loving this!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Get Email Updates!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Measurement Abbreviations

T = Tablespoon
t = teaspoon
c = cup
lb = pound
oz - ounce

Labels

Blog Archive

Contributors

Blog Directory for Minneapolis, Minnesota