Monday, May 24, 2010

Farmers Market Finds and the Weekly Menu 5/24 - 5/30

Our local farmers market, the Kingfield Market, opened this weekend. Despite the fact is was a steamy morning & looked like it was threatening to rain on us, it was great to see our favorite venders back, check out the new meat vendor & grab some mini-donuts at the Chef Shack.
IMG_3508IMG_3507IMG_3509
(Love the fact they have lots of tables to sit & drink a cup of good coffee & eat your mini-donuts)
Farmers Market Finds 5/23
Between the Kingfield Market & the Minneapolis Market, we made a pretty good haul this week...
Spinach - This young spring spinach is just so perfect for salads
Ancient Red Peppers - A large sweet Italian pepper plant for the garden from Swede Lake Farm. We grew their heirloom jalapenos last year & have their garlic in our garden right now.
Rhubarb - To make a glaze for pork chops
Mint - For a coconut mojito on the patio
Fresh Eggs
Cherry Bomb & Gigawatt Brats - from Bar 5
Potato & Semolina Bread
Baby Broccoli - for a risotto dish
Asparagus - Which we'll wrap in pork & grill
Spring Onions - To use on pizza & in other dishes

On to Menu Planning Monday...

Risotto with Broccoli, Leeks & Black Beans

Sweet & Tangy Rhubarb Glazed Pork Chops

Soft Tacos

Guanciale Wrapped Grilled Asparagus

Cherry Bomb Brats

Three Lilies Pizza

If you are not reading this post in a feed reader or at http://agoodappetite.blogspot.com OR at http://agoodappetite.com then the site you are reading is illegally publishing copyrighted material. Contact me at katbaro AT yahoo DOT COM. All recipes, text and photographs in this post are the original creations & property of the author unless otherwise noted.© 2007-2010 Kathy Lewinski

7 comments:

Amy said...

Yum!
I'm going to make asparagus, spinach and green garlic lasagne tomorrow. As long as my A/C continues to work, that is.

Tangled Noodle said...

I didn't make it to any of the farmers' markets this weekend, so I'm a tad envious. But I'm sure that seeing what you'll make with this bounty will make up for it! 8-)

Sandy said...

Kat, I spied you at the Kingfield Market and then when I finished at Chef Shack you were gone. I wanted to say hi. Looks like you got a good haul! The Kingfield Market will be my backup if I miss the Mill City market.

Lori said...

Some good finds there Kat. I want that coconut mojito right now. Okay maybe later... um, maybe now.

Lori said...

Mmmm...donuts and coffee at the Farmer's Market. Sounds so good!

What great finds this week! We picked up some ground lamb and cajun heritage breed pork sausages this week and I can't wait to try them. I'm looking forward to seeing your rhubarb glaze. I have some from my parents garden and I'm trying to get creative.

Anonymous said...

What a great menu and bounty. I am still trying to get on board with menu planning. I have this fabulous menu planner from Kikki.K, but I can't commit. You are an inspiration.

Leslie said...

I love going to the farmer's market. The cherry bomb brats sound amazing :) Yum!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Get Email Updates!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Measurement Abbreviations

T = Tablespoon
t = teaspoon
c = cup
lb = pound
oz - ounce

Labels

Blog Archive

Contributors

Blog Directory for Minneapolis, Minnesota