Saturday, April 12, 2008

Hazelnut Brown Butter Cake

The minute I saw this recipe on Smitten Kitchen it was bookmarked in my recipes to try. Let me just say this is one killer dessert! The smell of the brown butter & toasted hazelnuts is enough to make you crazy, we were tempted to eat all the batter even before baking it.
Hazelnut Brown Butter Cake
This is a dense rich cake & then you add the chocolate draping sauce on top, heaven!
I made half of the recipe & baked it as 3 four-inch individual cakes. They only took 35 minutes to cook compared to the 50 of the original recipe.
I also didn't have enough hazelnuts so I substituted some blanched roast almonds & think you could do this whole cake with almonds if hazelnuts are hard to find or too expensive.
Next time we make it, there will be a next time, we might try it hot out of the oven with just a little sprinkled powdered sugar. If we make the draping sauce again we will add a little more cream to thin it out as it was quite thick.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have never been tempted to lick my monitor.

Until right now.

*drooool*

Deborah said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE things made with brown butter! I need to give this one a try for sure!

LisaRene said...

Jeeez, this does look really good. I vote that next time you make the whole recipe but only bake 3 small cakes and eat the remaining batter :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Get Email Updates!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Measurement Abbreviations

T = Tablespoon
t = teaspoon
c = cup
lb = pound
oz - ounce

Labels

Blog Archive

Contributors

Blog Directory for Minneapolis, Minnesota