Monday, July 13, 2009

Weekly Menu 7/13 - 7/17

Some bits & bobs from the last week....
Grilled Flatbread Sandwich
We made a Grilled Flatbread Sandwich filled with leftover smoked turkey, brie & our homemade port wine jelly. The jelly was fabulous on a sandwich & I plan on using the rest of the jar on sandwiches this week.
Our vegetable garden continues to grow like crazy. This week our broccoli heads began to form.
Beginning of Broccoli
And we are starting to see the beginning of lots of little cucumbers.
Start of a Cuke
We used what is probably the last of this year's local strawberries for a fabulous strawberry shortcake the other night.
Strawberry Shortcake
For the shortcake I used the Vanilla Shortcake recipe from Small Batch Baking & realized its pretty darn close the the perfect cream scone I've been looking for.

Menu Planning Monday...

Grilled Trout & Fennel with Lemon Cream Sauce

Stir-fry - Always a good way to use up those CSA veggies

Grilled Lamb Kebabs with Feta Sauce

Quinoa Salad with Beets & Summer Squash

Sweet Pea Risotto

If you are not reading this post in a feed reader or at http://agoodappetite.blogspot.com OR at http://agoodappetite.com then the site you are reading is illegally publishing copyrighted material. Contact me at katbaro AT yahoo DOT COM. All recipes, text and photographs in this post are the original creations & property of the author unless otherwise noted.
© 2007-2009 Kathy Lewinski

6 comments:

Tangled Noodle said...

You are so way ahead of the game! I've attempted to plan the week's menu but rarely manage to accomplish it beyond Day 1. I am eyeing (with grumbly stomach) the grilled trout & fennel and the lamb kebabs!

Your garden bounty looks like it's coming along quite nicely. We only have tomatoes and peppers this year so fingers crossed that they will look as good as these!

Rachel @ springpad said...

That looks delicious! I'm definitely going to have to make something like that sandwich soon, yum. You should check out springpad's weekly meal planner, it's a great way to organize all of your menus and recipes (like this one, yum! http://bit.ly/3D6top) and I think you'd really like it.

MrOrph said...

so organized!!!

this is me staying tuned!

Lori said...

I love the pictures from your garden. Love the cucumber one.

I have been looking for a creamy scone recipe as well. I went to a tea restaurant here. They have the perfect ones, tall and creamy and oh so delicious.

Stacy Hoover said...

I only dream of a garden like yours! You guys are doing a wonderful job with it!

Of all of the things the Strawberry Shortcake REALLY caught my attention!!! Perfect timing as I just brought home strawberries tonight from the market!

Thanks for sharing!

Alicia Foodycat said...

Would you believe I have never tried strawberry shortcake?

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Get Email Updates!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Measurement Abbreviations

T = Tablespoon
t = teaspoon
c = cup
lb = pound
oz - ounce

Labels

Blog Archive

Contributors

Blog Directory for Minneapolis, Minnesota