Monday, April 26, 2010

Weekly Menu 4/26 - 5/1/10

It was pretty rainy & overcast in the Twin Cities this weekend. We really needed the rain so We were happy to see it & so was our garden. The broccoli & peas are looking strong & the micro greens have started peeking up through the dirt. The peppers & tomatoes under the growing light have really taken off & I need to transplant most of them to bigger containers.
#113 - Transplants
Despite the grump weather, we took a trip out to the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum. We've been going almost every other week since spring hit because the changes this time of year are so fast. We didn't want to miss this weekend as they said it was going to be the best for spring color & they did not disappoint.
Crabapple Grove
The crabapple grove was just a mass of pink & white. It was like a scene in a fairy tale.
Tulips
The tulips displays were amazing.
Iris
The colors in the Iris Garden just blew us away. We were sorry that we won't be around when the rest of it comes to bloom.

On to Menu Planning Monday...

A pretty simple menu this week. I'm trying to use things in the fridge up before vacation.

Penne with Creamy Spinach, Mushrooms & Bacon

Cottage Pie

Pork Chops with Mashed Parsnips

Chili with spring onion corn muffins

Homemade Pizza

Soy Glazed Tuna

If you are not reading this post in a feed reader or at http://agoodappetite.blogspot.com OR at http://agoodappetite.com then the site you are reading is illegally publishing copyrighted material. Contact me at katbaro AT yahoo DOT COM. All recipes, text and photographs in this post are the original creations & property of the author unless otherwise noted.© 2007-2010 Kathy Lewinski

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful pictures!

Carter @ The Kitchenette said...

What pretty pics, Kat! I love the flowers in bloom. I wish something would bloom in Colorado...

Beth (jamandcream) said...

We had much needed rain too. Been almost 3 weeks. Like the sound of the Penne my kind of comfort food

Michelle said...

My plumber gave me about a dozen Habanero Pepper that he grew. BTW, Habaneros freeze, whole very well!

I used about 3/4 of one pepper in a recipe I've made about a dozen times and man were his peppers hot. Much hotter then the Habaneros I buy at the market.

Kate said...

I have never been to the Arboretum. I really ought to go out there, especially now since seeing your photos.

Your menu sounds so delicious.

Fresh Local and Best said...

The tulip field looks amazing! I like how the trail curves in the picture.

Lori said...

Beautiful photos! I love your jalapeno too. I just planted ours this week and it frosted last night! They are covered though so I hope they made it. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Get Email Updates!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Measurement Abbreviations

T = Tablespoon
t = teaspoon
c = cup
lb = pound
oz - ounce

Labels

Blog Archive

Contributors

Blog Directory for Minneapolis, Minnesota