Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Chipotle Chicken Pasta Salad with Avocado

It was 90 degrees here yesterday so a perfect day to make Mr. Orph's Chipotle Chicken Pasta Salad with Avocado.
Chipotle Pasta Salad
I cooked the pasta in the morning while it was still cool & then didn't have to heat up the chicken the rest of the day. For the chicken, I used leftover chicken from one we had grilled on Sunday. I made a few slight changes to the original recipe.
1. I used ground chipotle instead of flakes & only half the amount called for. This was still spicy for me though Matt found it a little tame.
2. He didn't specify the amount of tomatoes to use, I used 6 oz (one container from the store).
3. We upped the amount of mayo in the dressing adding another 1/2 cup because Matt felt it wasn't creamy enough though the flavor was wonderful (I plan on using it again as a dip).
This was a very satisfying dinner on a hot night. The avocado & ranch dressing are the perfect foils to the heat of the chipotle. It is a bit of a rich salad, I think also from the avocados. This salad will see itself on our menu again during the dog days of summer.
See Mr. Orph's Kitchen for the full recipe.

7 comments:

Thistlemoon said...

Yeah, I remember this salad that he made! Total yum!

Deborah said...

OH, yum! I have some leftover chicken in the fridge, and this would be a great way to use it!

Paula said...

I remember Mr. Orph's salad, which looked dreamy. Yours looks great, too, with the ground smokey chipotle substitution! Yum!

Anonymous said...

This looks and sounds really good and I like your changes. I'll have to try this!

Joan, the INFJ said...

umm...this looks good! i need to make some! yum! thanks for posting!

best wishes,
joan

MrOrph said...

Wow! I am glad that you liked this salad. We really like it in our house. I think I am going to have to make it again this weekend. It really is a keeper!

Teresa Cordero Cordell said...

This potato salad looks quite delicious. I like the chipotle powder in it. It really opens up the taste buds to a new experience. Thanks for sharing

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Get Email Updates!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Measurement Abbreviations

T = Tablespoon
t = teaspoon
c = cup
lb = pound
oz - ounce

Labels

Blog Archive

Contributors

Blog Directory for Minneapolis, Minnesota