Friday, July 25, 2008

What's in CSA box #6

What's in CSA Box #6

A bright colorful box from the farm this week. It'll be interesting to see how we go through this box as we are out of town the next two weekends & Matt is in the Bay Area next week. I'm busily dreaming up some veggie packed single girl meals.

Golden Beets - I'm picturing a single serving beet tart out of these perhaps using polenta for the crust like Allen at Eating Out Loud did.

Carrots

Yellow & Green Beans - steamed, fresh on salad & I think I'll marinate some. Glad we got these as the crop in our garden isn't doing so well.

Salad Mix

Arugula - Some of this is going on a pizza & some in sandwiches

Fennel - Time to find more fennel recipes. I want to make Pork Souvlaki from Kalofagas so I'll do some Fennel Tzatiki to go with it.

Chard - This is always good just sauteedbut I've seen a few other interesting uses for it such as in a quiche or baked with some Parmesan

Italian Garlic

Squash - I think I'll roast these up with some of the sweet onions for a roasted veggie dish for myself

Sweet Spanish "Candy" Onions - One is going into a cherry tomato salad tonight raw, one will go on pizza, one will get roasted with the squash, maybe another in my beet tart.

4 comments:

AmyRobynne said...

Can you explain how to make a beet tart? I still last week's beets too and really need to find some good way to use these.

giz said...

What a great and diverse CSA box this week. I see some good recipes on the way.

Allen said...

What a beautiful box of goodies -- I look forward to getting my CSA delivery on Fridays too. This week, my box had a round lavender colored eggplant the size of my head :-)

Have fun cooking while the man is traveling :-)

kat said...

Amyrobynne - I'll be making the beet tart tomorrow so I'll post the recipe most like;y Tuesday morning.

Giz - I know, this box was great

Allen - Wow, that is one big eggplant & in this house I'd be eating it alone since Matt doesn't like them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Get Email Updates!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Measurement Abbreviations

T = Tablespoon
t = teaspoon
c = cup
lb = pound
oz - ounce

Labels

Blog Archive

Contributors

Blog Directory for Minneapolis, Minnesota