Monday, November 3, 2008

Weekly Menu 11/2 - 11/7/08

Screaming Pumpkin
I hope you all have a spooky Halloween weekend & ate lots of roasted pumpkin seeds. I always forget how much I love munching on these salty treats.
Pumpkin Seeds
We'll be putting our weekly cupcake on hold for the next two months & instead be doing a weekly cookie. Since we'll be having family for the holidays we want to get some favorite cookies in the freezer ahead of time. This week we'll be making Mandelbrot which are a tradition in my family.

On to the rest of Menu Planning Monday...

Delicata Squash Stuffed with Wild Rice & Sausage

Moorish- Style Chickpea & Spinach Stew - From Serious Eats

Pizza - I'm out at appointments all day Wednesday so I'm leaving it to Matt to create this pizza

Shepherd's Pie

Stir-fry - Since we are leaving town on Friday this is a good way to use anything from this week's CSA box that might go bad quickly.

Then we are off to San Francisco for a couple days which means we'll get to visit a few of our favorite restaurants, Presidio Social Club, Ti Couz & Steps of Rome.

5 comments:

Stacey Snacks said...

Kat,
I've been trying to take your lead and write down a planned weekly menu.
But by Tuesday it's all gone to hell!
But I love the idea of it all!
Stacey

billjac said...

That stew is a variation of the Tunisian breakfast soup, leblebi, which thrives on a wide range of garnishes you might want to consider. I've got a list from when I made something quite similar here. You should at least add poached eggs; the dish is incomplete without them.

Anonymous said...

Have a fun and safe trip to San Fran. I've only been there once, but had a good meal at a place called "Brick," I believe. Ohh and I thought "Blowfish" was tasty too!

Take some pictures!

Jersey Girl Cooks said...

Looking forward to seeing your recipes from your menu.

Thistlemoon said...

Have a great getaway! And all your menus sound delicious!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Get Email Updates!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Measurement Abbreviations

T = Tablespoon
t = teaspoon
c = cup
lb = pound
oz - ounce

Labels

Blog Archive

Contributors

Blog Directory for Minneapolis, Minnesota