Friday, November 7, 2008

What we did with CSA box #13 & what's in #14

What we did with CSA box #13
1. roast kabocha squash with cheese & sausage 2. beef rendang 3. delicata squash stuffed with wild rice & sausage 4. chicken & roasted vegetables with indian bbq sauce 5. moorish-style chickpea & spinach soup 6. Shepherd's Pie

& here's this week's box...
What's in CSA box #14

Flowering Kale - We like this cooked into soups such as this one.
Spinach - Apparently this spinach has been sweetened by the frost so I'm thinking it'll be best in a salad
Carrots - I have a ton of carrots sitting waiting to be used, does anyone have any good ideas other that carrot cake?
Curly Endive - Our CSA newsletter came with a recipe for endive salad with bacon & poached eggs which we are going to have for dinner tonight
Leeks - I think I'll roast these, yum!
Butternut Squash - I'm really wanting some butternut squash soup
Celeriac - Matt has a recipe for celeriac soup he'd like to try.
Delicata Squash - We really come to love the delicate flavor of this squash, its wonderful just roasted with a little butter.
Beauty Heart Radish - I've never had this type of radish so I'll have to experiment in different things
Sweet Potatoes - If you've follow this blog at all you know my love of sweet potatoes & seen all the ways I use it especially in baking.
Porcelain Garlic
Baby Beets - Some of these will just be roasted or steamed & the rest perhaps cooked in a tart.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for reminding me to use the HVF recipe for the endive. I don't know why but I didn't even think it would be on there.

I won't be having it tonight but hopefully I'll get around to it Saturday or Sunday.

Great recipe plan, mmm :)

Maris said...

Sounds really good! The moroccan style chick pea recipe sounds awesome...I love spinach and I have some chick peas on hand that I've been looking for a good use!

I made Shepherds pie recently also - such a great, filling meal for a fall evening!

HungryinSW said...

That endive salad sound amazing to me right now. Of course, anything with Bacon and egg is amazing, though!

Peter D. said...

Thanks for the idea on the Chickpea recipe. The original source on recipegullet has a good story attached and plenty of detail. It's at http://recipes.egullet.org/recipes/r1693.html

giz said...

Lots of inventive things to post about - can't wait to see how it all turns out.

Anonymous said...

Ginger carrot soup! Mmmmmmm, and cozy for a cold day.

Melani said...

Morning Glory muffins use carrots and are wonderful! There are also some carrot cookie recipes floating around as well.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Get Email Updates!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Measurement Abbreviations

T = Tablespoon
t = teaspoon
c = cup
lb = pound
oz - ounce

Labels

Blog Archive

Contributors

Blog Directory for Minneapolis, Minnesota