Thursday, November 20, 2008

What we did with CSA box #14 & what's in box #15

What we did with CSA box #14
1. Crockpot Porchetta (recipe tomorrow) with roasted beets on wilted spinach & carnival squash 2. Chickpea Stew with Coconut Milk 3. Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Garlic Alfredo 4. Black Bean & Butternut Squash Quesadillas 5. Seafood Stew 6. Celeriac Soup 7. Butternut Squash & Spinach Pasta 8. Curly Endive Salad with Bacon & Eggs
I still have Carrot Peanut Soup & Butternut Squash Moli to make with this box

& here's box 15...
IMG_8908
Raddicchio - We'll probably add this to a soup or stew
Spinach - I think I'll make a spinach lasagna for the freezer
Green & Rainbow Kale - I'm wondering how this would be instead of broccoli in this.
Sweet Potatoes - I've seen this sweet potato cakes on a couple blogs lately I'm thinking of trying.
Red Sunchokes - I think these will get roasted
Kabocha Squash - Unfortunately this one is too small to fill with bread, cheese & sausage. I'm thinking of a mac & cheese with squash in it.
Carrots - More carrots! I have too many carrots. I think some will go to Michigan with us to get used for Thanksgiving.
Festival Squash - Right now these are decoration in our living room. Eventually they will be roasted as a side dish.
Celeriac - The soup we made last week was so good but I'm thinking about a mash
Daikon - Probably make a Thai Radish Salad
Sweet Scarlet Turnip - We thought these were beets they are so red. I'm thinking its time for a good root vegetable stew.
Parsnips - I love these roasted & in stew or even mashed
Beets - These are also so good roasted though good in stew too.
Beauty Heart Radish - We still haven't used the ones we got in the last box either. I need to find more uses for radishes.
Garlic - I already used this whole head in the Moli for tonight's dinner.

I think our boxes through January will be very similar to this.



5 comments:

Lori said...

I put a daikon radish, chunked up in chili once and it was pretty good.

I so need to do this CSA next year. How long to you get the produce for? I guess its different in each region though, huh?

Unknown said...

I would love to participate in a CSA, but being in Northern Arizona, there are none around.

How do you roast the parsnips?

Ranee @ Arabian Knits said...

My MIL uses radishes in her beef stew, and they are quite good. We love them, so we just eat them out of hand. Thinly sliced on buttered bread with a sprinkle of salt is nice, too.

Alicia Foodycat said...

Grate some radish in with your daikon for a bit more pepperiness in your Thai salad?

Tangled Noodle said...

I am definitely going to sign up for a half share of CSA next year!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Get Email Updates!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Measurement Abbreviations

T = Tablespoon
t = teaspoon
c = cup
lb = pound
oz - ounce

Labels

Blog Archive

Contributors

Blog Directory for Minneapolis, Minnesota