Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Leftover Pork Lasagna

I'm attempting to empty the fridge before we leave on vacation Wednesday night. There was some leftover Porchetta from Saturday night so when I saw Stacey Snacks' pork shoulder lasagna I knew that's how I was going to use my leftovers.
Leftover Pork Lasagna
We also had a some leftover tomato sauce in the freezer, half a box of no-boil lasagna noodles, some Parmesan & some Fontina. What we didn't have was ricotta (ok, we had some but it was lovely shades of pink & green. Need to check those expiration dates more often.) but we did have buttermilk & milk that needed to be used before we left so I whipped up some homemade ricotta. I have to say I'm not a big fan of the no-boil lasagna noodles but on a day like today when I was out until 5 it allowed me to put together a lasagna really quickly.

For a bunch of leftovers this certainly made one tasty meal. The pork was a nice change from ground beef plus the porchetta has all that wonderful seasoning in it which only add to the flavor of the lasagna.

Leftover Pork Lasagna

8 no boil lasagna noodles
6 oz ricotta
1 egg
1/4 c grated Parmesan
2 c grated Fontina (or Mozzarella)
2 c tomato sauce (any kind will do)
1/2 c cooked shredded pork (we used leftover porchetta)

Preheat oven to 375 F.

Mix the ricotta, egg, Parmesan & 1 cup of the Fontina together.

Spray a glass 6" x 8" baking dish with nonstick spray or olive oil. Pour 1/3 c sauce on the bottom of the pan & spread out. Top with two lasagna noodles. Top that with half of the ricotta mixture then two more lasagna noodles. Layer in the pork & top it with 1/3 c of the tomato sauce. Top that with 2 more lasagna noodles. Add another layer using the rest of the ricotta mixture. Top with 2 lasagna noodles. Top with remaining tomato sauce & then 1 cup Fontina.

Bake for 55 minutes or until the sauce is bubbly & the cheese is melted. Let sit about 15 minutes before serving.

Makes 4 servings.

If you are not reading this post in a feed reader or at http://agoodappetite.blogspot.com OR at http://agoodappetite.com then the site you are reading is illegally publishing copyrighted material. Contact me at katbaro AT yahoo DOT COM. All recipes, text and photographs in this post are the original creations & property of the author unless otherwise noted.
© 2007-2009 Kathy Lewinski

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Saw this on Stacey's blog (which I love as well) and thought it was a great idea. It's so nice to have a good network to grab all these creations from! Oh the versatility of a good pork shoulder! Have a great vacation.

Anonymous said...

Yum! What a cool way to use pork, I've never seen it in a lasagna dish, goes to show you that leftovers can really be used in so many ways :).

Stacey Snacks said...

Kat,
I could BITE THE COMPUTER SCREEN!
That photo is beautiful, especially when hungry and there is no leftover lasagne in the fridge! (I am dieting anyway!).
Glad it was yummy.
Stacey

Anonymous said...

Great use of leftovers! It looks so good.

Jen said...

wow--- that looks way better than my 'trying to use up leftovers' dinner. It sounds delicious.

Tiff said...

My mom is not a fan of the no-boil lasagna noodles either. So one day she just used regular lasagna noodles without boiling them, and it worked perfectly. I don't think she's a brand loyalist, so you may try it!

Lori said...

I was going to say what Tiff said. It does work quite well, although you have to use a little extra sauce.

Jersey Girl Cooks said...

Your lasagna looks sooo good. Great picture.

Thistlemoon said...

This just looks so delicious, Kat! I love your leftovers! :)

grace said...

piggy products invading lasagna? i've never done it, and i don't know why. delightful dish!

Deborah said...

Pork lasagna? I can't believe I've never tried anything like this before!

Alicia Foodycat said...

I love leftovers! And this looks wonderful.

Talita said...

I never tried pork lasagna! But sounds great! I'd like to try it.

Dazy said...

My favorite is pork curry rather. But my kids don't like this. And also pork is not suitable for blistering summer. I plan to make it for my family and give them a surprise in the winter.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Get Email Updates!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Measurement Abbreviations

T = Tablespoon
t = teaspoon
c = cup
lb = pound
oz - ounce

Labels

Blog Archive

Contributors

Blog Directory for Minneapolis, Minnesota