Monday, October 5, 2009

Weekly Menu 10/4 - 10/10

We only have a few weeks left of our favorite local farmer's market, the Kingfield Market, for the year. We'll miss our Sunday morning trips out to this bustling neighborhood market.
Morning 213 - Kingfield Market
One thing we'll especially miss is treats from the Chef Shack. (I'm trying to convince them to drive by my house from time to time like an ice cream truck.) These guys are bringing wonderful gourmet food to the street. This year they'd already introduced me to Tongue Tacos (I knew about tongue tacos but had never tried them), Beet Ice Cream, Indian Spiced Mini Donuts & Bacon Ketchup.
Chef Shack
This week they were serving chicken feet! I'd never had chicken feet but felt like it was something I need to try at least one. The Chef Shack braise their chicken feet, fry them up in a tempura batter & then serves it with a fire sauce.
Chicken Feet!
I was quite surprised at how much I liked them. I think a lot of what made these so good was the batter & the wonderful sweet & spicy sauce. The texture surprised me as I expected them to be a lot chewier than they were. I think it would take a lot of chicken feet to make a meal of them but they made for a fun snack & certainly interested the kids sharing the picnic table with us.

On to Menu Planning Monday...

Baked Penne with Italian Sausage

Black Bean & Sweet Potato Curry

Roasted Salmon with Bread & Tomatoes

Pot Roast with Celeriac & Potato Gratin

Spinach & White Bean Soup

Chai Brined Pork Chops with Roasted Squash

If you are not reading this post in a feed reader or at http://agoodappetite.blogspot.com OR at http://agoodappetite.com then the site you are reading is illegally publishing copyrighted material. Contact me at katbaro AT yahoo DOT COM. All recipes, text and photographs in this post are the original creations & property of the author unless otherwise noted.
© 2007-2009 Kathy Lewinski

7 comments:

Jess said...

I'm really excited to see the recipe for the Spinach & White Bean Soup. It sounds great!

Amy P. said...

Chicken feet?? Kudos to you for trying those, Kathy! I draw the line at anything with cartilage.

I'll miss Chef Shack's Indian spiced doughnuts too. Their beet ice cream almost convinced me that I liked beets.

Thistlemoon said...

Wow you are brace to try the chicken feet. But if you say they are good, I am inclined to believe you, you have pretty good taste! ;)

Lori said...

Wow KAt- I can not believe you ate chicken feet. Bravo to you.

Katie said...

Hi! New to reading your blog but just wanted to thank you for the heads up on the Kingfield Market. We just moved to Minneapolis and will definitely be checking this market out this weekend if weather permits. I found you by searching for a sweet potato chicken curry as that is what I am probably cooking tonight. Thanks again, look forward to exploring your blog more in the future.

kat said...

Katie - Welcome to the Twin Cities. We are lucky to be blessed with many great farmers markets here; Mill City on Saturdays, Kingfield on Sundays & the big Minneapolis Farmers Market all week long.

Alicia Foodycat said...

I'm not a fan of chicken feet - not enough meat to make them worthwhile! The tongue tacos sound good though.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Get Email Updates!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Measurement Abbreviations

T = Tablespoon
t = teaspoon
c = cup
lb = pound
oz - ounce

Labels

Blog Archive

Contributors

Blog Directory for Minneapolis, Minnesota