Saturday, November 7, 2009

What we did with CSA box #13 and what's in box #14



What we did with CSA box #13
1. Guinness Beef Stew 2. Pizza Bianca with Leeks & Prosciutto 3. Hearty Lentil Soup 4. Asian Stuffed Peppers 5. Peppery Olive Oil & Sweet Potato Bread 6. Lamb Patties with Fennel Tzatziki & Spinach Couscous 7. Sweet Potato Ravioli with Spinach in Cream Sauce 8. Roast Chicken with Potatos, Carrots, Parsnips, Brussel Sprouts & Fennel 9. Pork Chops with baked Squash & sautéed Kale

What's in box #14
What's in CSA Box #14

Spinach - It think its time for some spinach lasagna
Celeriac - I want to find a better soup recipe than the last celeriac one we made, it was a little too celeryish
Festival Squash - We really like this squash best just roasted with some butter
Sweet Potato - So many possibilities
Garlic
Onions
Beauty Heart Radish - I wonder how these taste roasted
White Turnip - I'll add to other roasted vegetables or into a soup
Carrots
Kabocha Squash - This is really the best way to use this
Escarole - Apparently this is very good sautéed as a side dish
Collards - This will get used in soups & stews like we use kale & chard
Leaf Lettuce
There was also a bag of salad greens but since we are heading out of town I left them for someone else to enjoy.

Find more ideas on using your CSA box at Cooking Away My CSA

If you are not reading this post in a feed reader or at http://agoodappetite.blogspot.com OR at http://agoodappetite.com then the site you are reading is illegally publishing copyrighted material. Contact me at katbaro AT yahoo DOT COM. All recipes, text and photographs in this post are the original creations & property of the author unless otherwise noted.
© 2007-2009 Kathy Lewinski

5 comments:

LaFleur said...

I just found kabotcha squash for the first time last year. I knew I had to try it because it is low carb like a pumpkin. The fondue recipe looks very cool - I'm going to have to try that!

George Gaston said...

kat, you & Matt are so creative with your weekly boxes. Each & every dish would be so satisfying for any meal this week. Thanks

vanillasugarblog said...

you two are so very creative...I wish I had more time to do more of these things.

Phoebe said...

You are so creative with veggies. It makes me wish there was a farm that did CSA shares around here!

I absolutely can not find collard greens up here in the great white north! If I were you, I wouldn't use them in a soup. I would simmer them in water with some chicken broth and bacon grease, fry some chicken, and be in food heaven. But that's just me. :)

Lori said...

I was thinking of making my next celeriac soup with apples- kind of like a waldorf. The last time I made it, the almonds reall complimenteed the soup. I am guessing apples would do the same. Hmmm. Maybe I will do that tomorrow.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Get Email Updates!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Measurement Abbreviations

T = Tablespoon
t = teaspoon
c = cup
lb = pound
oz - ounce

Labels

Blog Archive

Contributors

Blog Directory for Minneapolis, Minnesota