Saturday, November 21, 2009

What we did with CSA box #14 and what's in box #15

I have to admit we didn't do very well with box #14 especially since we headed to San Francisco the day after we go it. Basically we used an onion here, some garlic here, a little spinach here, but we have a lot left. Luckily much of it will last.

& what's in box #15....

CSA Box #15
Cabbage - Matt is joking we need to make saurkraut, I'm serious about it!

Carrots

Festival Squash - One of these makes a perfect side dish for the two of us, steamed with a little butter

Red Cipollini Onions - These will be perfect in a stew

Scarlet Turnips - I think I'll try this sweeter variety of turnip in a stew

Beauty Heart Radishes - I really haven't figured out how best to use these yet. Maybe I'll pickle them for a banh mi

Onions

Garlic

Sweet Potatoes - These are going to Memphis with us to be part of the Thanksgiving dinner, probably with some maple syrup & pecans.

Parsnip - Perfect roasted with a chicken

There was also some greens in our box but I left them in the swap box as since we are leaving town & they need to be used the quickest.

If you are not reading this post in a feed reader or at http://agoodappetite.blogspot.com OR at http://agoodappetite.com then the site you are reading is illegally publishing copyrighted material. Contact me at katbaro AT yahoo DOT COM. All recipes, text and photographs in this post are the original creations & property of the author unless otherwise noted.
© 2007-2009 Kathy Lewinski

3 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Great usage!

George Gaston said...

Your fall's bounty makes a wonderful still life photo. Sounds like you & Matt have some great ideas for the lot... well, maybe not the cabbage! But, if he makes thes sauerkraut, I'm sure it will be good.

Lori said...

If you make sauerkraut I am so interested in hearing about it. I have been tempted myself.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Get Email Updates!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Measurement Abbreviations

T = Tablespoon
t = teaspoon
c = cup
lb = pound
oz - ounce

Labels

Blog Archive

Contributors

Blog Directory for Minneapolis, Minnesota