Monday, November 15, 2010

Weekly Menu 11/15 - 11/20

You'll have to excuse the radio silence lately from chez Good Appetite. Matt was in San Francisco for the last two weeks for conferences. I flew out in the middle to spend the weekend with him & our friends out there. There was also time to head down to the Ferry Building for a little shopping & an afternoon at the new Academy of Science. So much fun.
IMG_6726#311
I was home alone last week & spent a lot of time testing some recipes I can't share with you all yet but, am excited to in the next couple of weeks. Matt finally got back on Friday just in time for this.
And so it begins...
The snow was so bad we missed the last of the Kingfield Farmers Markets for the year (lucky for them it was inside). With the deep wet snow we were stuck inside of the fireplace all day, not so bad really.

On to Menu Planning Monday...

Lasagna Soup - One of those why didn't I think about this before ideas

Waffles with Turkey & Lingonberry Sauce - We cooked fakesgiving with our local family on Sunday & this will be a great use for the leftovers.

Ham & Bean Soup - By request from Matt

Grilled Cheese Sandwiches with Oven Roasted Tomatoes or Fig Jam (eaters choice) - We are going to an advance showing of the new Harry Potter on Thursday so this will be a quick meal we can have before the movie.

I'm then headed off for a girl's weekend in the WI woods leaving Matt to fend for himself. I need to come up with a good appetizer to take up to the cabin with me.

If you are not reading this post in a feed reader or at http://agoodappetite.blogspot.com OR at http://agoodappetite.com then the site you are reading is illegally publishing copyrighted material. Contact me at katbaro AT yahoo DOT COM. All recipes, text and photographs in this post are the original creations & property of the author unless otherwise noted. © 2007-2010 Kathy Lewinski

7 comments:

Deborah said...

I'm so not ready for the snow, even though we've had 2 small snowstorms already...

Can't wait to see the recipe for the lasagna soup!

Manisha said...

I loved the snow. Did you have a power outage? We were spared. We did never get a fire going.

Dawn said...

The snow looks beautiful, I really miss home. Can't wait for the recipes!

Lori said...

I heard about your snow pelting! Sometimes I think about moving to your area because my husbands employment- corporate headquarters is in Egan- then I think wow those frigid temps- I dunno.

Well looking forward to seeing what you have been experimenting with.

Lisa Paul said...

Jeez, let me know when you are in the Bay Area. I'll drive in from Sonoma!

Paul Jennette said...

UGH! Snow, we haven't had any here yet but its coming.Thank you for sharing your beautiful pics,we will look the same around here soon.

PG said...

Holy snow! It always looks so pretty after the first fall....but then you want it to go away (at least that's how I feel).

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Get Email Updates!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Measurement Abbreviations

T = Tablespoon
t = teaspoon
c = cup
lb = pound
oz - ounce

Labels

Blog Archive

Contributors

Blog Directory for Minneapolis, Minnesota