Friday, November 5, 2010

Fall Sweet Potato Recipes

Oh man, do I ever love sweet potatoes. It's a love I just discovered in the past few years but, once found, I embraced it completely.
Sweet Potatoes
We prefer sweet potatoes with a white flesh, typically called Jersey Sweets, though any variety will work in these recipes 
Luckily, it is a love that is good for me with lots of fiber, vitamins B6, C & A plus potassium & manganese. Sweet potatoes, it is said, can even help you ward off things like flus & colds so, it great they are in season now.

We like them served like regular potatoes, baked or mashed but, they are also a fabulous baking ingredient, especially once turned into sweet potato butter. Here's a guide to some of our favorite Sweet Potato Recipes.

#296 - Sweet Potato ButterSweet Potato Butter

Sweet Potato Ravioli with Spinach in Cream Sauce Sweet Potato Ravioli with Spinach in Cream Sauce

Sweet Potato Baklava Sweet Potato Baklava

Sweet Potato Hash Sweet Potato Hash

Sweet Potato Pancakes Sweet Potato Pancakes

#298 - Sweet Potato, Oatmeal & Chocolate Muffins Sweet Potato, Oatmeal & Chocolate Muffins

Braised Chicken & Sweet Potato Curry Braised Chicken & Sweet Potato Curry

Smoked Sweet Potato Smoked Sweet Potatoes

Indian-Spiced Veggie Pot Pie Indian-Spiced Pot Pie

Root Vegetable & Sausage Lasagna Root Vegetable & Sausage Lasagna

If you are not reading this post in a feed reader or at http://agoodappetite.blogspot.com OR at http://agoodappetite.com then the site you are reading is illegally publishing copyrighted material. Contact me at katbaro AT yahoo DOT COM. All recipes, text and photographs in this post are the original creations & property of the author unless otherwise noted. © 2007-2010 Kathy Lewinski

7 comments:

Lisa said...

This looks like a great collection of recipes. I love sweet potatoes so I'll have to give some of these a try. By the way, I'm holding a CSN giveaway on my blog and you're welcome to come by and enter. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2010/11/45-csn-giveaway.html

Deborah said...

I didn't think I liked sweet potatoes growing up, but now i can't get enough of them. I definitely need to check out some of these recipes.

Lori said...

This year I definitely will be trying your sweet potato butter. As soon as I get my hands on some sweet potatoes!

Denise Michaels - Adventurous Foodie said...

I thought I had some good sweet potato as side dish recipes - but these are really creative and clever. Thanks for taking the time to share 'em. I'm going to try the Sweet Potato Hash very soon. Probably with a couple poached eggs on top.

Jessica Nunemaker said...

Sweet potato hash? Now why didn't I think of that!

That sounds really good -- and like something I need to make!

Natasha @ Saved by the Egg Timer said...

I gotta try those Sweet Potato Pancakes this weekend, yumm.

Lori said...

I still have some sweet potatoes around here from my Dad's garden. I have to try that hash and that butter. They both sound so great!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Get Email Updates!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Measurement Abbreviations

T = Tablespoon
t = teaspoon
c = cup
lb = pound
oz - ounce

Labels

Blog Archive

Contributors

Blog Directory for Minneapolis, Minnesota