Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Awards & 6 Random Things

Time for a little housekeeping here.

Thanks so much to Gloria over at Cookbook Cuisine for giving us the Arte Y Pico Award.
premioarteypico1.jpg
This award was created to be given to bloggers who inspire others with their creativity, and for contributing to the blogging world in whatever medium.
Here are the rules for the Arte y Pico Award:
1) Award five blogs that contribute to the blogging community through creativity, design, and interesting material, regardless of language.
2) Name each of the five blog authors and provide a link to his or her blog.
3) Award recipients must show the Arte y Pico Award image and the name of the award-giving blog author, as well as the award-giving blog author’s blog link.
4) Award recipients must provide a link to the Arte y Pico blog.
5) Award recipients must show these rules.


The fine folks at [eatingclub]vancouver gave us the Yummy Blog Award
2800685541_58ca2df52b

Here's 5 blogs I'd pass these awards along to...

Real Good Taste
Nik Snacks
Big Black Dog
Jam and Clotted Cream
The Constables Larder

Our friends in Vancouver also asked us to share 6 Random Things about ourselves.

1. Matt can't taste rosemary or so he says. I have no way of testing this.

2. Stanley Clarke once told Kat she should play bass because of her long hands.

3. Matt, yes the all things pork loving Matt, was a vegetarian for a couple of years. He gave it up because of the lack of good vegetarian options at the University of Michigan.

4. Kat once drove Radiohead around Minneapolis in her car. Thom Yorke had the flu but was still very nice.

5. Matt's second & third toe on his left foot are joined together. I never noticed until he showed me today.

6. Kat doesn't eat syrup on pancakes or french toast. She also doesn't eat jelly or jam on toast or bread. Just bring on the butter.

Here's 5 blogs I'd pass these awards along to...

Real Good Taste
Nik Snacks
Big Black Dog
Jam and Clotted Cream
The Constables Larder

11 comments:

Beth (jamandcream) said...

Thank-you, Im honoured!

Nikki @ NikSnacks said...

Oh, yay! Thanks Kat! And Matt, too! :) Wow! I think you guys are pretty yummy too (I wanted to say boss but I'm trying to keep with the food theme here). Shhh...don't tell anyone, but you guys are my favorite :)

grace said...

no syrup! i shudder to think. :)

doodle girl said...

radiohead in your car? i am jealous. how did you get to do that?!

Anonymous said...

You drove Radiohead around? My husband and I are very jealous!

Anonymous said...

Same here... Radiohead? how come? ;)

Thistlemoon said...

Great meme thanks for sharing! I love Radiohead! :)

kat said...

Thanks everyone for your comments. To answer the Radiohead question, I worked in the music industry for about 17 years for a distribution company & then a label. So often it was my job to get bands to various places. Ah, the stories I could tell ;)

Jen said...

Thank you so much!!! I'm so excited to get my first blogging award, especially from you all since I love reading your blog.

Giff said...

Why thank you Kat :) I *bet* you've got some marvelous music industry tales to tell! Somehow you'll have to spill them interspersed with these marvelous recipes. :)

TS of eatingclub vancouver said...

RADIOHEAD!!!

Although, in my head, I think that's being eclipsed by the toes stuck together. Joined together?! How does *that* work!?

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Get Email Updates!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Measurement Abbreviations

T = Tablespoon
t = teaspoon
c = cup
lb = pound
oz - ounce

Labels

Blog Archive

Contributors

Blog Directory for Minneapolis, Minnesota