Monday, September 29, 2008

Weekly Menu 9/29 - 10/3/08

Last week while Matt was traveling I made myself a beautiful Tomato Galette for dinner one night. I'm really getting addicted to these rustic little tarts. They are so easy to make & the filling ideas are endless.
Tomato & Onion Galette
For this one I used the crust recipe from the Zucchini Galettes. Then I added a layer of caramelized onion followed by a little grated mozzarella & some basil leaves. That was topped by slices of sweet heirloom tomato, a drizzle of olive oil, salt & pepper & a little parmesan. The whole thing was baked for about 30 -35 minutes at 375 F & I had a perfect little dinner. The one hint I would give about this dish is to use the best seasonal tomatoes you can find, anything else will leave this tasteless.

Now on to Menu Planning Monday...

Beef & Chicken Phyllo Rolls
- Allen at Eating Out Loud made the beef version of these last week that sounded so much like one of my favorite dishes at La Mediterranee in San Francisco so I had to try it. I'm going to do a few beef ones & a few chicken ones (since I have some roasted chicken in the fridge).

Lentil & Bacon Soup - Matt has been hinting about this soup since we got the book Soup's On!: 75 Soul-Satisfying Recipes from Your Favorite Chefs.

Indian Butter Chicken with Roasted Cauliflower - When I made curry last week Matt said he really wanted to learn how to make Butter Chicken so we're gonna give it a try.

Pasta with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce - We used to buy a red pepper sauce that we really liked but I never see it in stores anymore so I thought I'd making it.

Beef Chili - One of Matt's famous on-the-fly chilis. I don't know how he does it but he always makes a fabulous chili throwing in a bit or this & a bit of that.

This week's cupcake will be Banana, Chocolate, Caramel. I'm playing with these Kraft Caramel Bits that I found last week at Target. They are made to be used in baking so we'll see how that goes.

7 comments:

Stacey Snacks said...

I love gallettes as well.
So pretty, I cheat sometimes and use frozen puff pastry, the results are always great.
I make one with sausage and leeks, served with a salad, it's an easy dinner.
Stacey

Anonymous said...

I've never tried gallettes, but I might need to now. They look yummy.

Frugal Finds said...

sure looks yummy!!

Jenny said...

Yum! Yum! Yum!

Yours is the best looking/sounding menu I've found all morning! I can't wait to try some of these recipes. Thanks for the links!

Beth (jamandcream) said...

That tomato galette looks great. Great menu for the week!

Sharon said...

Ahh, what a wonderful way to enjoy tomatoes. I'm definitely going to try out this recipe. Oh, and perhaps I'll let you do my menu planning for the week by just copying yours :)

Anonymous said...

The tomato galette sounds delicious! Looking forward to the cupcake of the week.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Get Email Updates!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Measurement Abbreviations

T = Tablespoon
t = teaspoon
c = cup
lb = pound
oz - ounce

Labels

Blog Archive

Contributors

Blog Directory for Minneapolis, Minnesota