Sunday, September 14, 2008

Weekly Menu 9/15 - 9/19/08

Its the last week of summer & it looks like its going to be a beautiful one here in Minnesota (we deserve it after a weekend of rain). Since cold weather is probably much closer than we'd like to think we'll take advantage of these warm days & be using the grill a lot.
Shooting up into the sun

On to Menu Planning Monday....

Grilled Steak with Leek & Blue Cheese Bread Pudding - I saw this side dish this week on Jam & Clotted Cream & knew it sounded right up our alley. Instead of serving it as a entrée I'll be making individual side dish versions.

Grilled Asian Chicken Salad - A request from Matt, who is going to make up an orange Asian dressing for it.

Grilled Pork Chops with Zucchini Galettes - We're still working through all the zucchini we got from the farm & this recipe from the latest Bon Appetite sounded perfect.

Roasted Beet, Goat Cheese & Arugula Pizza - Matt came up with this idea to use up a couple beets we have in the fridge. He was afraid it sounded a little out there but I bet it'll be great.

Hamburgers with Roasted Potatoes - Just a simple Friday night meal before we head off to a Minneapolis Foodie's Meet-up to learn how to make some preserves.

This week's cupcake flavor will be Peach Melba, I'm look forward to this one!

We'll also be making pickles that you can keep in the freezer to eat throughout the winter thanks to a recipe from Matt's mom.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Peach melba cupcakes sound wonderful!
I am going to check out the Artisan Bread book- thanks for the recommendation.

Maria said...

Looks like you have a tasty week ahead of you! And the chips look so good!

Alicia Foodycat said...

Beet and goatscheese make a fantastic salad, so I think they will rock on a pizza!

Beth (jamandcream) said...

I hope you enjoy the bread pudding. Let me know how it goes!! Looking forward to the peach melba cupckes too

Nikki @ NikSnacks said...

Are your cupcakes going to have the classic raspberry sauce?

giz said...

I'm dieing to see your peach melba muffins. I made some this week and OMG they disappeared right before my eyes. Even my sister who we call Auntie Takeout has started a domestic quest with muffins. I'm sure we're going to have a hail storm over that one.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Get Email Updates!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Measurement Abbreviations

T = Tablespoon
t = teaspoon
c = cup
lb = pound
oz - ounce

Labels

Blog Archive

Contributors

Blog Directory for Minneapolis, Minnesota