Monday, June 8, 2009

Weekly Menu 6/8 - 6/13/10

It was quite cold & rainy this weekend in Minneapolis. We decided to make the best of it & heat things up in the kitchen.
Boiling down for stock
Bag of frozen chicken & turkey bones were boiled up for stock.
Filled & ready for processing
Strawberries, rhubarb, ginger & lemon were cooked down & made into jam. There is something wonderful about stocking the pantry & freezer with things you've made yourself! Jam recipes to come later this week.

One other quick thing, those of you who follow me through an RSS feed may have noticed that you no longer receive the whole post in your feed. Unfortunately, some thieves have been stealing all my blog posts through the feeds so I've had to change to the short feed. 

Menu Planning Monday...

Cherry Stuffed Pork Loin with Cherry Mustard Sauce - Matt was going to make this last week but we ended up going out for burgers.

New England Style Brats with a Grilled Asparagus Salad & Roasted Baby Turnips

Grilled Flat Iron Steak with Roasted Pepper Salad

Asparagus Risotto

Seared Salmon with Greens and Creamy Roasted Peppers

I want to try my hand at making a chocolate covered bacon gelato or ice cream this week.

If you are not reading this post in a feed reader or at http://agoodappetite.blogspot.com OR at http://agoodappetite.com then the site you are reading is illegally publishing copyrighted material. Contact me at katbaro AT yahoo DOT COM. All recipes, text and photographs in this post are the original creations & property of the author unless otherwise noted.
© 2007-2009 Kathy Lewinski

5 comments:

SnoWhite said...

Looks great! I'm glad to hear Mpls is finally getting rain -- you guys needed it!

Have a great week.

Maria said...

Your jam sounds amazing!! Homemade is the best! Great week of eating!

Thistlemoon said...

That gelato sounds amazing!

Lori said...

Stealing your feeds? People are crazy.

I cant wait for the jam recipe. I just made the rhubarb sorbet- a variation. OMG- it was SO delicious. I need to buy more rhubarb for another fix. I wish I knew someone with a big bush of it.

Joy @FrugalMenuMamas said...

I have never heard of people stealing content. That is crazy!
Good looking menu plan!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Get Email Updates!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Measurement Abbreviations

T = Tablespoon
t = teaspoon
c = cup
lb = pound
oz - ounce

Labels

Blog Archive

Contributors

Blog Directory for Minneapolis, Minnesota