Monday, January 4, 2010

Weekly Menu 1/3 - 1/9/10

Wow, did we hit the cookbook jackpot for Christmas!
Tower of Books
Have you seen the Ad Hoc Cookbook? It is so beautiful & everything in it is so tempting we want to try to cook our way through it this year. We're starting this week with the Chicken Pot Pie.
Oh, I should also totally mention one other Christmas gift we got this year because you'll be seeing a lot of it...
#362 - Meat!
Matt's parents gave us 1/8th of a grass fed cow, you should see our freezer!

On to Menu Planning Monday....
It's so nice to be back to planning our regular weekly menus.

Beef, Blue Cheese & Caramelized Onion Paninis - using the leftover beef from New Years

Thai Curry Soup

Quinoa Risotto with Mushrooms & Thyme

Spaghetti with Meatballs

Pork Loin with Pears & Shallots

Crock Pot Beef Stew

Ad Hoc Chicken Pot Pie

If you are not reading this post in a feed reader or at http://agoodappetite.blogspot.com OR at http://agoodappetite.com then the site you are reading is illegally publishing copyrighted material. Contact me at katbaro AT yahoo DOT COM. All recipes, text and photographs in this post are the original creations & property of the author unless otherwise noted.
© 2007-2010 Kathy Lewinski

10 comments:

Maria said...

Great meal plan for the week! Enjoy:)

Pam said...

Wow...all those cookbooks...so cool!

Nice menu too!

YUMM and Enjoy!

Pam said...

P.S. just wanted to let you know that I gave a shout-out for your fun blog!

Fresh Local and Best said...

Wow what great Christmas gifts! How many pounds does 1/8th of a cow amount to?

Toni @ Imperfect Pregnancy said...

...that is a lot of cow. Wow.

Lynn said...

Oh my, what a cool bunch of presents. Love all that meat! You will have fun with that and all your cookbooks :) I currently have one lone ham in my fridge and am wondering how I'll possibly use it all up . . .

PG said...

Holy cow for real! I was inspired by all of your recent posts!

I'm starting to buy local beef as well. So far, it has been really good. Now if I could find a chicken farmer.

Lori said...

Cookbooks and a cow! What awesome Christmas gifts! I would love for our family to split up some grassfed meat like that. And those books, I can't wait to see what you come up with all thos curry ideas.

Unplanned Cooking said...

I have heard so much about that Ad hoc cookbook; it's on my wish list!

Lori said...

Wow! What a wonderful gift!

And those cookbooks! You guys hit the motherload. I so want that 660 curries book. Let me know how it is!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Get Email Updates!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Measurement Abbreviations

T = Tablespoon
t = teaspoon
c = cup
lb = pound
oz - ounce

Labels

Blog Archive

Contributors

Blog Directory for Minneapolis, Minnesota