Sunday, August 22, 2010

Farmers Market Finds and the Weekly Menu 8/22 - 8/28/10

Couldn't you just go crazy this time of year at the farmers market? It seems like the booths are almost overflowing with the abundance of produce. I have to stop myself from buying more than we can use in a week because everything looks so goo.
Farmer's Market Finds 8/22
Plum Tomatoes - I plan on oven drying these if I get a working oven this week
Cilantro - We used all of this in some salsa we canned
Cod Ceviche - A little treat Chef Shack sent home with us.
Salsa - A little treat Global Garlic sent home with us. Rumor has it they are going to start selling this.
Garlic - We used most of this in our salsa.
Dried Cow Beans - No plans for these this week I was just thrilled someone that Walsh Ridge farm is going to be selling locally grown dry beans.
Pumpkin Blossoms - For quesadillas
Sourdough Bread - For sandwiches at lunch & BLTs. I'm so going to miss Sun Street's breads come fall, I mean just look at that beautiful loaf.
Red Onion - For salsa & quesadillas
Cherry Tomatoes - Just for snacking on
Minnesota Midget Melon - This smells amazing & I can't wait to have it for dessert with a little mascarpone.

A few more pics for this week's Kingfield Farmers Market.
Tempura Herring Sandwich from Chef ShackDog SitterBreakfastPedal Powdered SmoothieGlobal Garlic!Sambusa from Chef Shack
1. Tempura Herring sandwich from Chef Shack 2. Free Dog "Siting" 3. Cheddar & Bacon Biscuit & a Downtowner from Sun Street Breads 4. Pedal-Powered Smoothie from Foxy Falafel 5. Global Garlic's Garlic 6. Sambusa from She Royal Ethiopian via Chef Shack

We are still oven-less so some items may change if the it isn't fixed tomorrow.
Pumpkin Blossom Quesadillas
Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Black Mission Fig Sauce
Sweet Corn, Bacon & Tomato Tarts
BLTs
Summer Pasta with whatever veggies I have on hand
I still need to come up with at least one other meal but I'm stumped right now.

Have you entered The Great Fig Giveaway yet? The winner will be announced on Wednesday.


If you are not reading this post in a feed reader or at http://agoodappetite.blogspot.com OR at http://agoodappetite.com then the site you are reading is illegally publishing copyrighted material. Contact me at katbaro AT yahoo DOT COM. All recipes, text and photographs in this post are the original creations & property of the author unless otherwise noted.© 2007-2010 Kathy Lewinski

4 comments:

Unknown said...

your farmers markets looks so cute! i like ours but nothing cute when I see everyone elses pics!

Dawn said...

I'm originally from Iowa and miss the country charm of your farmers market. I look forward to your weekly bounty to see what you will make. Thanks.

Lori said...

A bike powered blender- now that is a hoot! I love the free dog sitting one too!

Sambusa... hmmmm, I have to go investigate that.

Lori said...

I know what you mean. I buy and buy and I have to stop myself because I know it will go bad before I get to eating it! I just love your market recaps, you all have such an interesting mix of available foods and produce.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Get Email Updates!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Measurement Abbreviations

T = Tablespoon
t = teaspoon
c = cup
lb = pound
oz - ounce

Labels

Blog Archive

Contributors

Blog Directory for Minneapolis, Minnesota