Currently, we are stove & oven-less* leaving only the grill to cook our meals. So after Matt grilled some salmon & fennel for dinner, we turned some fresh figs into an easy grilled dessert.
This is such a simple dish but I think makes for a pretty presentation. Plus its wonderful when you don't want to heat up your kitchen baking a dessert. No real recipe here but here are the steps to make it.
Grilled Prosciutto-Wrapped Figs with Mascarpone
1. Slice ripe figs in half & remove stems.
2. Wrap prosciutto around the figs & secure with a toothpick
3. Grill the wrapped figs until they are warm & the prosciutto starts to crisp.
4. Serve the figs while warm with mascarpone cheese.
I didn't sweeten the mascarpone this time but, next time I serve it for dessert I will with a little honey (because honey & figs, so yum.). With the unsweetened cheese this dish could also be easily served as an appetizer or cheese course.
Don't forget to enter to win your own bounty of fresh & dried figs from the CA Fig Advisory Board! Tomorrow Honey, Fig & Pistachio Ice Cream....
* Our old stove died almost two weeks ago (Less than 5 year old stove & the cost to fix it isn't worth it, what a waste). We bought a new one & it is sitting in the kitchen but in Minneapolis you have to get a permit & have a licensed installer out for a gas stove. We have one coming this afternoon & I can't wait to get back to normal cooking.
If you are not reading this post in a feed reader or at http://agoodappetite.blogspot.com OR at http://agoodappetite.com then the site you are reading is illegally publishing copyrighted material. Contact me at katbaro AT yahoo DOT COM. All recipes, text and photographs in this post are the original creations & property of the author unless otherwise noted.© 2007-2010 Kathy Lewinski