Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Bread

Yesterday I baked the first loaf from Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day. I did the Crusty Sandwich Bread because Matt wanted something he could use for lunches.
crusty sandwich loaf
I rose a little oddly on top, I think because I had a slight seam off to one side, need to be more careful about that. I also think my dough was a little drier than the recipe wanted. The bread is good though with a very crusty crust & small bubbles inside, which seems perfect for sandwiches to me. I've mixed up a new batch which did come out wetter so it'll be interesting to see if the bread is different, I'm betting it'll have much bigger bubbles inside.
We used a little as soon as it cooled for an afternoon snack.
#28 - Afternoon snack
Fresh bread, brie & fig jam...seriously could anything taste better?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Get Email Updates!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Measurement Abbreviations

T = Tablespoon
t = teaspoon
c = cup
lb = pound
oz - ounce

Labels

Blog Archive

Contributors

Blog Directory for Minneapolis, Minnesota