Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Shepherd's Pie

This is not the traditional Shepherd's Pie made with ground lamb & such. This was Matt's idea for the leftover bolognese sauce. We didn't like this sauce over pasta really but it made a great shepherd's pie.
Shepherd's pie
I drained a little of the liquid (& grease) from the sauce & added about a cup of frozen peas. On top I put some yukon gold potatoes that had been mashed with a butter, pepper & milk. I baked th whole thing at 400 for about 30 minutes & it was great. I even had leftovers of it for lunch today.
Shepherd's pie
I won't make bolognese again just for this but it did remind my how good shepherd's pie is.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Get Email Updates!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Measurement Abbreviations

T = Tablespoon
t = teaspoon
c = cup
lb = pound
oz - ounce

Labels

Blog Archive

Contributors

Blog Directory for Minneapolis, Minnesota