Sunday, January 13, 2008

Weekly Menu - 1/13/08-1/19/08

This week its a little bit of a trip around the world...

Creamy Chicken Wild Rice Soup - My own recipe - RESULT: Its taken awhile for me to perfect the recipe I wanted for this soup but I think I've finally done it.

Shepard's Pie
- Making this one up using the leftover bolognese - RESULT: We liked the shepherd's pie better than the original bolognese. Time to find some good shepherd's pie recipes.

Faux Fried Chicken - A recipe I found on Housewifery - RESULT: So good, make this again & again. Just remember you need about 8 hours to soak the chicken before making.

Sage & Balsamic Pork Chops with Creamy Pumpkin Polenta
- from Rachel Ray 365 - RESULTS: I liked the idea of this recipe but it needs so changes to make a more flavorful chop that is cooked all the way through. The polenta is good but the serving size is way too big.

Indian Chicken Burgers
- Matt is going to grind chicken into burgers & use the Indian bbq sauce as seasoning. - RESULT: A great juicy burger.

Red Chili Enchiladas with Chicken & Melted Cheese - Mexican Everyday: Rick Bayless - RESULT: A really tasty dinner where the sauce is most of the work. We replaced the hotter chiles with something milder since I can't handle much heat.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Get Email Updates!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Measurement Abbreviations

T = Tablespoon
t = teaspoon
c = cup
lb = pound
oz - ounce

Labels

Blog Archive

Contributors

Blog Directory for Minneapolis, Minnesota