Saturday, May 24, 2008

CSA box #2

We picked up our CSA second box this week & are now trying to plan next week's menu around it. Once again there are some interesting things that are completely new to us.
This week's box from the farm #2
Stinging Nettles - A food you are supposed to wear gloves to use scares me a little but I think we'll try them in a pasta.
Green Garlic - I've already used some in a salad
Nine Herb pack for the garden - I saved a space for these & they are already planted & enjoying the sun.
Radishes - I need to find a good radish salad recipe
Spinach
Sorrel
Asparagus - That's going right on the grill
Rhubarb - Perfect for a Memorial Day picnic crisp
Egyptian Walking Onions
Parsnips - I think I'll mash them this week

1 comment:

Nikki @ NikSnacks said...

I made a parsnip and turnip mash early last week and it was great. I used vegetable stock for the flavoring, a little truffle salt (my new secret ingredient) and I had turnip greens on the side. It was really great.

Have a fantastic time in SF!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Get Email Updates!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Measurement Abbreviations

T = Tablespoon
t = teaspoon
c = cup
lb = pound
oz - ounce

Labels

Blog Archive

Contributors

Blog Directory for Minneapolis, Minnesota