Friday, May 16, 2008

Ramp Tart

When we got two bunches of ramps in our CSA box I went trolling the web for recipe ideas to use them. I saw Sounding My Barbaric Gulp's Ramp Tart on Tastespotting & immediately added it to the menu. A nice light, cheesy tart on puff pastry sounded great. The recipe was certainly easy enough, roll out a sheet of puff pastry, sprinkle it with cheese (I used mozzarella & gruyere), add some whole blanched ramps, season, cook at 400 for 10 minutes & you are done. It certainly came out pretty.
Ramp Tart
And it tasted really good too. We had some problems with it though. First, the puff pastry really didn't stand up very well. Now, I don't have a ton of experience working with puff pastry so maybe I rolled it out too thin. Second, the whole blanched ramps look pretty laid out on the tart but the greens are impossible to bite into, try to take a bite & you get the whole thing at once. Next time I'd use my favorite pizza dough & cut the ramps into bite-sized pieces, then I think we'd be looking at a winner.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Get Email Updates!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Measurement Abbreviations

T = Tablespoon
t = teaspoon
c = cup
lb = pound
oz - ounce

Labels

Blog Archive

Contributors

Blog Directory for Minneapolis, Minnesota