Monday, May 12, 2008

Weekly Menu - 5/12 - 5/17/08

Busy weekend getting the gardens planted, cross your fingers we don't get a late frost. The weather has been so odd here this spring but I was dying to get those veggies in the ground. I can't wait for heirloom tomatoes fresh from the garden this summer!

On to the Menu Plan Monday... This week's menu is based a lot on what we got in our first CSA box. I know everyone can't get ramps (we were lucky enough to get two bunches) but they can easily be substituted with green garlic, leeks, shallots or scallions.
Ramp Risotto
Ramp Risotto - I took some ideas from various risotto recipes to come up with this one. - RESULT - A really wonderful mild risotto, I only wish ramps weren't so hard to get.

Sorrel Tart - A lot like a quiche but a little lighter. - RESULT - A nice light dinner with a little lemony flavor from the sorrel.

Grilled Steak with Roasted Sunchokes & Parsnips topped with Horseradish Cream Sauce - RESULT - The sunchokes were not very exciting but the horseradish cream sauce is one to make again & again.

Fresh Pasta with Soybeans and Italian Sausage - A take on a fava Bean recipe in Bon Appétit May '08 but I can't find fava beans. - RESULT - Just ok, I don't think we'll make this one again.

Ramp Pizza - A recipe from Sounding My Barbaric Gulp. - RESULT - The puff pastry didn't really work for us & the whole blanched ramps were hard to eat but with a few tweaks this would be a great Ramp Pizza.

This week's cupcake will be Dark Chocolate, Caramel & Sea Salt.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your use of under used veggies!

Anonymous said...

I've never heard of ramps before so of course I googled it. The risotto looks delicious.

Nikki @ NikSnacks said...

I'd never heard of a ramp until last year (on my beloved Top Chef) but I have yet to see any here in NC.

I'm excited for this week's menu from you:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Get Email Updates!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Measurement Abbreviations

T = Tablespoon
t = teaspoon
c = cup
lb = pound
oz - ounce

Labels

Blog Archive

Contributors

Blog Directory for Minneapolis, Minnesota