Wednesday, May 21, 2008

What I did with my CSA box

As I mentioned in an earlier post we decided to do Community Supported Agriculture this year & became a member of Harmony Valley Farm. Two weeks ago we were excited to get our first box. Its still pretty early in the growing season here in Zone 4 so many things were overwintered like parsnips & spinach. We also got to try somethings that were new to us like ramps & sunchokes. We get box 2 tomorrow so I thought it would be a good time to review what we did with box 1.
CSA first delivery & the results
1. The Delivery 2. Farfalle with Chicken, Caramelized Onions & Tomatoes on a bed of Spinach 3. Ramp Risotto 4. Scrambled Eggs with Chives 5. Rhubarb Crisp 6. French Sorrel Tart 7. Grilled Steak & Roasted Sunchokes & Parsnips with Horseradish Cream 8. Ramp Tart 9. Spinach & Soybean Salad10. Ham & Spinach Pasty
I think this service is going to be really great for us. We get to try lots of new things & we are eating locally & a little more seasonably.

3 comments:

Deborah said...

Wow - that's quite a spread! It all looks fantastic!

Anonymous said...

I am really impressed with how you used everything! That was something very challenging for me to do each week. :)

Vonda said...

WOW! My mouth is watering. I started a blog to document the recipes inspired by my CSA boxes, but I'm hard pressed to compete with the likes of you. YUM!

Vonda
funwithcsa.blogspot.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Get Email Updates!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Measurement Abbreviations

T = Tablespoon
t = teaspoon
c = cup
lb = pound
oz - ounce

Labels

Blog Archive

Contributors

Blog Directory for Minneapolis, Minnesota