Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Best of 2008

It seems this time of year everyone has some sort of best of the year list so I figured why not jump on the bandwagon & revisit the best (well most popular) posts of 2008...

#1 Dark Chocolate & Bacon Cupcake Dark Chocolate & Bacon Cupcakes
I'm not surprised this one came in at #1, the idea of putting bacon into cupcakes really surprised a lot of people. But let me tell you this is one great sweet & salty treat.

#2 Homemade Corn Toasties Homemade Corn Toasties
A flash back to childhood comes in at #2. These breakfast treats are so simple & it was fun to see the way other people changed them up.

#3 #177 - Dreamsicle Cupcake Dreamsicle Cupcakes
These are also a flash back to a childhood favorite. I was so happy I was able to get that unreal orange color.

#4 making tamales Tamales
This was our first Recipes to Rival challenge & we really enjoyed spending the afternoon together making tamales. It was so much easier than we ever thought.

#5 Homemade Potato Chips Homemade Potato Chips
I was surprised this list of tips for making potato chips came in so high on the list. I guess we all love a really good chip.

#6 Creamy Chicken Wild Rice Soup Creamy Wild Rice Soup
This one is near & dear to my heart. It took me years to finally perfect my wild rice soup recipe & this is one good soup!

#7 Baked Apple with Currants Baked Apples with Currants
When apples came into season this fall we did a whole series of apple recipes. This classic, so easy, dish beat them all in popularity.

#8 Chocolate Covered Cherry CookiesChocolate Covered Cherry Cookies
A Christmas favorite from Matt's family. I made them with dark chocolate cocoa which made them even more decadent.

#9 #136 - Dark Chocolate Cupcakes with Caramel & Sea Salt Dark Chocolate Cupcakes with Caramel & Sea Salt
A classic flavor combination of caramel & chocolate taken up a notch with salt. These were based on a cupcake I love at Kara's Cupcake sin the Bay Area.

#10 #319 - Candy Cane Cookies Candy Cane Cookies
The first cookie in our holiday cookie series this season. These pretty cookies are flavored with peppermint just like the real thing.

6 comments:

shopgirl said...

Love the countdown!

Peter M said...

A fraction of the good eats you've been serving up. Happy cooking in 2009!

grace said...

yes indeed--your work this year has been incredible. i somehow missed the dreamsicle cupcakes--they're fantastic! here's to an equally successful 2009. :)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your corn toasties with blueberries ~ a great way to start the day! I've also made my own chips which are so much better tahn store-bought!

Looking forward to your recipes in 2009!

eatingclubvancouver_js said...

You know how we love those corn toasties and I'm intrigued about the bacon cupcake. Looking forward to another year of _A Good Appetite_!

Happy New Year!

Deborah said...

What a great year 2008 was, and I'm sure 2009 will be even better!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Get Email Updates!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Measurement Abbreviations

T = Tablespoon
t = teaspoon
c = cup
lb = pound
oz - ounce

Labels

Blog Archive

Contributors

Blog Directory for Minneapolis, Minnesota