Sunday, December 28, 2008

Weekly Menu 12/29 - 1/2/09

Christmas morning over Lake Superior
(I couldn't resist sharing this picture I took of the Christmas sunrise over Lake Superior)

Menu Planning Monday...

My parents are in town until after New Year's so we have a few special meals planned for the week.

Monday night we are going to take them over to Punch Pizza in NE Minneapolis for some of the best pizza in Minneapolis.
Ham with Sweet Potatoes - We have friends coming to dinner & Matt has been wanting to make a ham. I saw a honey, brown sugar & pepper glaze that sounds great.
Crab Legs with Red Potatoes - We are hanging at home on New Year's Eve & this will be our special treat.
Standing Rib Roast with Potato Gratin & Squash Purée - Growing up standing rib roast was our traditional Christmas dinner. When we found it on sale at Lund's last week we couldn't resist getting it for New Year's Day.
Friday we are back on our own & I'm thinking a little lighter meal is on order so I'm thinking Roast Vegetables with Curry Spices over Couscous

6 comments:

giz said...

What a gorgeous picture (as long as you're not on the lake). I like this week's menu - I'll be over for crab legs. I've never cooked them so I'm looking forward to the post on them.

Happy New Year!!!

LaFleur said...

Yum! The rib roast! My family always does a pork roast and sour kraut for a prosperous new year (some german thing I hear). I'm sure you will be prosperous with Rib roast and potato gratin :)

Giff said...

gorgeous! and that grandpa's dunk you just posted sounds good, although I'm wondering if I'd be full in about 30 seconds flat.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous picture!

Unknown said...

I hear it get's very cold in your neck of the woods. Brrr...
We actually got 3 feet of snow in Vegas this December. Ugh!
Have a terrific New Year!

Anonymous said...

Great menu! Have a Happy New Year!

Allie
Learningtobefrugal.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Get Email Updates!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Measurement Abbreviations

T = Tablespoon
t = teaspoon
c = cup
lb = pound
oz - ounce

Labels

Blog Archive

Contributors

Blog Directory for Minneapolis, Minnesota