Thursday, April 30, 2009

Emeril at the Grill - Blue Cheese Glaçage

Recently, we were sent a copy of Emeril Lagasse's newest cookbook Emeril at the Grill: A Cookbook for All Seasons. So, we've decided to test & write about various recipes from it for the next week or so.
IMG_3093
Matt started going through it immediately & marking recipes he wanted to try (as you can tell by the little blue post-its). I was drawn to the really interesting side dishes in the book as I'm always looking for new side dishes especially for summer. We were both impressed by the amount of different ethnic dishes included as well. Since it's finally starting to warm up here in MN the timing on getting this book was perfect for us as we were itching to try new things on the grill.
Steak with Blue Cheese Sauce
The first dish we tried was Buffalo Rib-Eyes with A Blue Cheese Glaçage. Our local store didn't have buffalo rib-eye so we went with a really nice beef rib-eye but really the star here was the glaçage. We loved how you cooked it right on top of the steak on the grill. The crunchy pecans are a great unexpected ingredient. We made a full batch which was more than needed for our two small steaks so Matt put the rest on the top of his baked potato & said it was amazing.

Blue Cheese Glaçage
(from Emeril at the Grill)

4 oz blue cheese, crumbled
1/4 c buttermilk
1/4/ c panko breadcrumbs
2 T pecans, chopped
1 T fresh thyme, chopped
1 T fresh parsley, chopped
salt & pepper

Stir blue cheese, buttermilk, panko, pecans, thyme & parsley together until well combined. Season with salt & pepper to taste.

To use on a steak: After grilling steaks on first side, flip over. Place several tablespoons of the glaçage on top of each steak & continue grilling until finished.

To use on a backed potato: Bake potato until done, about 45 minutes. Cut potato in half & fluff flesh with a fork. Spoon glaçage over the top. Place in the broiler for about 3 minutes until the cheese is melted & slightly browned.

6 comments:

Christina Kim said...

I would really love some blue cheese glacage right now. I'll take some glacage on anything -- beef, chicken, potato, or just by itself! Looks great!!

vanillasugarblog said...

oh boy this is man food at its best. I should print this one for hubby. I bet I could get him to paint a room for me if I made this.

Deborah said...

I got a copy of the book and am making my first recipe tonight. Now I'm wanting to make this one!

Dragon said...

I love the pecans in this one too. Yum!

grace said...

well...i've never heard of glacage, nor do i know how to pronounce it, but it sounds terrific! i think my favorite part would be the pecans--i love a crunch.

Alicia Foodycat said...

Yes please! I must try that. We have some sirloins in the fridge that would take that very well, I think!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Get Email Updates!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Measurement Abbreviations

T = Tablespoon
t = teaspoon
c = cup
lb = pound
oz - ounce

Labels

Blog Archive

Contributors

Blog Directory for Minneapolis, Minnesota