Monday, April 6, 2009

Weekly Menu 4/6 - 4/10/09

A lot of people commented they were interested in the Ham, Gruyere & Fig Panini I had on last week's menu. It's actually super simple, a few slices of prosciutto (though any sliced ham will work), top that with a few thin sliced of gruyere & then the thing that makes the whole thing for me, fig spread. Put that all on a good roll, brush with some olive oil & you are ready to cook it on your panini grill of choice.
IMG_2503 Ham, Gruyere & Fig Panini
I adore this fig spread. It's great on cheese & crackers & also on my sandwich for lunch. We can't easily get fresh figs here in MN so this is the next best thing.

On to Menu Planning Monday....

We roasted a chicken on Sunday for dinner so we'll get two more dinner out of it this week plus some chicken salad for lunch, what a deal.

Chinese Braised Ribs - Gonna play a bit with this recipe on Eating Out Loud

Indian Pizza - Using this sauce & some leftover chicken

Pork Chops with Individual Blue Cheese & Greens Tarts

Chicken, Black Bean & Corn Chili - Using more of the leftover roast chicken

Spaghetti & Meatballs with a Tomato Olive Sauce

I'm tried of waiting for spring so this weekend we planted a window sill herb garden for our kitchen.
Window Herb Garden
We needed small planter & couldn't find anything small enough at the garden store. A quick trip to the kitchen section of IKEA provided us with lots of options though. We ended up going with these black ceramic cups, since they don't have drainage holes with added a good inch of small stones to the bottom of each. Right now I have thyme, rosemary & opal basil growing. I'll add some chive but we are currently starting it from seeds in our little greenhouse set up.

5 comments:

Peter M said...

Kat, nice to see where the herbs are located after our Twitter chat yesterday.

vanillasugarblog said...

I adore IKEA and spend way too much money there.
I just love how you plan out your menu...so organized, love that.

Jen said...

Hi Kat- that panini looks so good. I'll have to see if I can get some fig spread around here. I imagine it would be good with turkey too. I'm trying to think of what kind of veg. would work well in the sandwich for a vegetarian option.

Lori said...

I know, whats the big idea with Spring!We have a winter storm warning in effect for tomorrow. Good Gats!

Your upcoming menu sounds so delcious. I love how you can make all these things ina week. Me, I end up cooking too much, and having leftovers for a couple nights. Especially if it is a soup or a bean dish.

Alicia Foodycat said...

I bought a Greek fig jam a few times - and then stopped because I would eat WAY too much of it. On toast, with cheese, off the spoon. Yum!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Get Email Updates!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Measurement Abbreviations

T = Tablespoon
t = teaspoon
c = cup
lb = pound
oz - ounce

Labels

Blog Archive

Contributors

Blog Directory for Minneapolis, Minnesota