Friday, August 8, 2008

Weekly Menu - 8/11-8/15/08

Just back from another gorgeous summer weekend up north, yeah you should see my sunburn.
IMG_5827.JPG
Matt & I were in charge of dinner Saturday night & cooked up some of the Molasses Brined Pork Chops with Roast Corn Salsa, those were quite a success!

On to Menu Planning Monday

Roasted Beet & Goat Cheese Tart with Polenta Crust- I promised Matt I'd make this for him after he saw the ones I made while he was out of town. This time I'll add in some bacon per MrOrph's suggestion. - RESULT - Went over big with dinner guests & bacon is really good in it.

Zucchini Turkey Bake
- Ben over at What's Cooking did some Zucchini Bruschettas last week that gave me the idea for this lasagna-like dish. - RESULT - This turned into a lasagna with thin sliced zucchini as the noodles, yum!

Pork Loin Rolled with Jerk Sauce - From a blog Matt has been spending some time on lately, Meatwave. - RESULT - The wimpy (read that not hot) version of jerk paste Matt made for me was sooo good!

Summer Garden Galette - Matt photographed the recipe from a magazine for us to try but I don't know which magazine. The recipe came from Copia in Napa Valley though. - RESULT - A little fussy due to a lot of steps but the final result was worth it.

Currywurst Sausages with Curried Carrot Fritters - Sausages from a wonderful Easter European Deli in Minneapolis, Kramarczuk. The fritters are something new for me to try to use up all the carrots we've gotten from our CSA. - RESULT - I decided not to use curry in the fritters & they were such a good side, make this again!

This week's cupcake will be Thai Mojito. Its my entry for Iron Cupcake Earth which has to use chili pepper. - RESULT - A surprisingly good flavor combination.

4 comments:

Alicia Foodycat said...

Would you look at those pork chops? Those griddle marks are so appetising!

giz said...

Hmmmm...molasses brined pork chops is a brand new flavour for me. I'd love this for sure.

Dawn said...

Oooooo, I so badly want a bite of those pork chops. Looks like I am going to have to make my own. :-) Have a nice week!

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I'm Alisha from Wowzio, and I'm excited to tell you about our new widget platform that helps bloggers increase readership by providing engaging widgets containing your blog's rich content. You can check out widgets customized for your blog here:

Wowzio Widgets for your Blog

I wanted to reach out to you to ask for your feedback on these widgets (feel free to install them on your blog, if you feel they are a good fit). I'm sorry for leaving this message via a comment, it's not at all our intent to spam you ( which is why i'm leaving this comment on an older post and you can always remove this comment ). Again, we would love to hear your feedback.

Thanks,
Alisha Wright
alisha.wright1@gmail.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Get Email Updates!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Measurement Abbreviations

T = Tablespoon
t = teaspoon
c = cup
lb = pound
oz - ounce

Labels

Blog Archive

Contributors

Blog Directory for Minneapolis, Minnesota