Monday, August 18, 2008

Weekly Menu - 8/18-8/22/08

biggest outdoor market in the midwest
We visited the Minneapolis Farmer's Market this Saturday to get some fresh MN sweet corn & some tomatoes. It is supposed to be the biggest outdoor market in the Midwest & it was certainly huge. We barely got through half of it. The crowds were just as big as the market & getting from stall to stall was almost impossible. Luckily this market is open 7 days a week so we'll try again on a weekday for some more casual browsing.
MN sweet corn
(One venders worth of sweet corn at the Minneapolis Farmer's Market)

On to Menu Planning Monday...

Grilled Cherry Glazed Game Hens over Wild Rice - A little something for this month's Royal Foodie Joust

Roasted Tomato Soup & Grilled Cheese Sandwiches - I want to make heirloom tomato soup but there were no heirlooms at the farmer's market so I'm using Romas.

BBQ Ribs with Corn & Bacon Fritters
- I couldn't resist trying this combination for fritters after last weeks carrot ones.

Linguine with Tapenade - Another recipe from the amazing Peter at Kalofagas. We'll be using our Kitchen Aid to make the linguine from scratch. -

Friday night is cooks night off & we'll be heading out to eat.

This week's cupcake flavor will be Grasshopper.

9 comments:

Debbie said...

I just found your blog. I love it.
(sigh) it's so nice to have somebody else plan my weekly menues. LOL
The menu looks great!

Stacy and Brian's Adventures in Life said...

I love the new look! Very nice. Looking forward to this week's cupcake. Oh boy!

Anonymous said...

I love the new layout! I can't wait to see how the pasta turns out. I was thinking about buying the attachment for my Kitchen Aid.

Anonymous said...

Great lookin' menu! Everything sounds so yummy. Looking forward to the cupcake as well.

Leslie said...

I soooo wish we had a farmers market here in a Tampa!
Thanks for your comment on my cake pops!

Thistlemoon said...

WOW what a great looking market! Your new blog design is great too! I hardly recognized it! :) So sleek!

PG said...

Sounds like an overcrowded heaven...or is that an oxymoron?

kat said...

Thanks for the comments on the new layout, Matt has been working hard on it.

eatingclubvancouver_js said...

Looking forward to the week's menu, especially the grasshopper cupcake.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Get Email Updates!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Measurement Abbreviations

T = Tablespoon
t = teaspoon
c = cup
lb = pound
oz - ounce

Labels

Blog Archive

Contributors

Blog Directory for Minneapolis, Minnesota