Monday, August 4, 2008

Weekly Menu - 8/4 -8/8

This week's menu was completely created by Matt, well except the BLT Bread Salad, that was my idea. I usually spend Sunday morning pondering cookbooks & bookmarked recipes to come up with the menu before we head to the grocery store. It was a nice treat to have him present me with a menu on Friday evening!
#214 - Salt & Pepper to Taste

Menu Planning Monday

Pesto Fusilli with Corn, Zucchini & Bacon - From Serious Eats - We have lots of basil in the garden so this will be a great use for it. - RESULT - This was really quite good, better than I even expected & making it was a breeze.

Grilled Lobster Tails with red potatoes & corn - My sister's family gave Matt & I a gift certificate to order some lobster for our birthdays & we'll finally use it this week, yum!

Turkey Burgers
with coleslaw & sweet potatoes or perhaps squash

Peanut Noodles - We'll be messing around with this dish to make it suit our tastes.

BLT Bread Salad - I've got bacon & lots of cherry tomatoes in the garden. - RESULT - A really good salad, how can anything with bacon be bad?!

We got a large bag of carrots from the farm last time so I've decided to do a Carrot Cupcake. We love carrot cake so I'm looking forward to these.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

cant wait to hear about he carrot cupcakes, sounds yummmy

Anonymous said...

Great menu! The BLT bread salad sounds really yummy. I've got some basil I need to use up as well.

Shelby said...

I can't wait to see the peanut noodles! I just bought myself a peanut butter cookbook - I love peanut butter!

Leslie said...

mmm.thats a mighty fine menu!
And yes..all of that piping on the cookies KILLED me

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Get Email Updates!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Measurement Abbreviations

T = Tablespoon
t = teaspoon
c = cup
lb = pound
oz - ounce

Labels

Blog Archive

Contributors

Blog Directory for Minneapolis, Minnesota