Monday, January 12, 2009

Weekly Menu 1/12 - 1/17

I can't believe we've been in Minneapolis for over a year & have never gone out for the local hamburger favorite, the Juicy Lucy (or Jucy Lucy). Never heard of a Juicy Lucy? It's a 1/2 pound burger stuffed with cheese, usually American (though depending where you are you can get other cheeses including Bleu Cheese), that is cooked until the the cheese become a molten core. They warn you when taking your first bite you can really get burned by one of these.
Juicy Lucy
Two places in Minneapolis claim to be the original home of the Juicy Lucy, The 5-8 Club & Matt's Bar & people hotly debate who has the best. Since we were near the 5-8 that's where we ended up for lunch yesterday for our first Juicy Lucys.
5-8 club
Let me tell you this place does one good burger. The Juicy Lucy is a little crunchier on the outside than a regular burger because of the longer amount of time it spends on the griddle. We loved their wonderful soft buns as well.
Juicy Lucy

Smoky Sausage & Rice Soup
Curried Lentil Stew - From Real Food for Real People
Chicken with Root Vegetable Mash
Slow Cooker Cassoulet

This week's cupcake will be Vanilla Cherry.

10 comments:

Maria said...

Looks like you will be eating good this week! Nice menu!

billjac said...

If you don't have plans for the sunchokes yet I recommend roasting them like yams, just rolled in oil and salt and cooked until the insides turn into mush. Like yams they split and the mush that leaks out caramelizes fabulously. The comparison hadn't occurred to me, but it does taste a bit like maduros now that you mention it.

Alicia Foodycat said...

Oh man - I can't believe I have never even heard of a Juicy Lucy! It looks like burger heaven!

amycaseycooks said...

I would roadtrip to Minneapolis for one of those burgers!!

Lori said...

what a name, jucy lucy. I can seriously taste that from your picture.

I am suppose to be going with a friend of mine to a place here that has kobe beef. I want to try it and then I dont know if it is worth it for me, calorie wise and budget wise.

Have you had kobe?

Alejandra Ramos said...

oh gosh! I'm craving burgers now...

Jen said...

This is definitley on the list for our next trip to MN...

By the way-- we did make it to Hell's Kitchen while we were out over Christmas and it was great. We went for breakfast and I would highly recommend it-- interesting atmosphere and great food at a really reasonable price.

grace said...

i've never heard of this juicy lucy, but frankly, i'm almost willing to travel to minnesota to have one. :)

Dragon said...

That burger is making me drool.

giz said...

That burger looks down right deadly.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Get Email Updates!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Measurement Abbreviations

T = Tablespoon
t = teaspoon
c = cup
lb = pound
oz - ounce

Labels

Blog Archive

Contributors

Blog Directory for Minneapolis, Minnesota