Monday, January 5, 2009

Weekly Menu 1/5 - 1/10/09

This week's menu is an attempt to use a lot of the leftovers we have from the holidays. In that vein, when I saw this post for Eggnog Pancakes on Eat Real Saturday I instantly knew what to make for breakfast. She makes her pancakes from scratch. I was feeling a little lazy so I just used the Bisquick (I know not everyone likes Bisquick but its what I grew up with & I like it).
Morning 3 - Eggnog Pancakes
I had to play a bit with the amount of eggnog added to these pancakes because the its so much thicker than milk. If you make these I would add less eggnog than called for & add more until you get the right consistency. These turned out light & fluffy with that rich eggnog flavor plus it used all the leftover eggnog.

Eggnog Pancakes
inspired by Eat Real

1 c Bisquick (we use the heart smart)
3/4 + c eggnog
2 T beaten egg or egg substitute
pinch of cinnamon
pinch of grated nutmeg

Mix everything together. Add more eggnog if too thick. Cook pancakes on a lightly greased griddle.

Makes about 8 pancakes.

On to Menu Planning Monday...

Ham & Bean Soup
Curried Vegetables - I never got around to making this last week
Ham, Cheese & Onion Paninis
Swedish Meatballs - Matt told me to buy some at Ikea, he was joking but I didn't realize so now we have a bag of them!
Greek Chicken Pitas with Roasted Sunchokes
Crab & Corn Chowder or Crab Cakes - We are still debating which to do

I think its time to get back to the cupcakes too & since there is some Bailey's in the fridge, this week's cupcake will be coffee with Bailey's. We also might take a stab at our first batch of ice cream.

7 comments:

Dragon said...

There is absolutely nothing wrong with Bisquick,especially when they look this good. :)

Sandy Smith said...

Hi there! Your pancakes are absolute knockouts! (And thanks for the shoutout, btw.)

Cheers,
~Sandy of Eat Real

Lori said...

I sure cant have that eggnog but my kids can! Great idea, again Kat. They just love pancakes.

Deborah said...

I made eggnog french toast last year, and you couldn't really taste the eggnog. I should try this out!

Tangled Noodle said...

Wow! This menu is from leftovers? I need to have dinner at your house! And I like Bisquick, too (although the box in my pantry right now is Krusteaz). 8-)

Anonymous said...

What a great idea to use eggnog. I'm not a huge fan of gulping eggnog straight _ too rich for me. But I can definitely see it in pancakes to add a little more lusciousness.

amycaseycooks said...

I just finished cleaning up the dishes from dinner and I am thinking about making these gorgeous pancakes. I am even going to drive to the store in an ice storm to pick up some eggnog!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Get Email Updates!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Measurement Abbreviations

T = Tablespoon
t = teaspoon
c = cup
lb = pound
oz - ounce

Labels

Blog Archive

Contributors

Blog Directory for Minneapolis, Minnesota