Monday, October 27, 2008

Weekly Menu 10/27 - 10/31

We got our first taste of winter here this weekend.
IMG_8363
Look at those snow flurries from Sunday! For us that just means time for lots of good soups, stews & root vegetables in front of the fire.

On to Menu Planning Monday...

Roast Kabocha Squash with Cheese & Sausage - based on this recipe from Gourmet magazine

Sweet Potato & Chicken Curry - A Rachael Ray recipe that we love

Cream of Tomato Soup with Puff Pastry - From Soup's On!: 75 Soul-Satisfying Recipes from Your Favorite Chefs

Honey Sesame Chicken -A recipe I found on Equal Opportunity Kitchen.

We'll also be having this month's Recipes to Rival Challenge but I can't tell you what it is yet.

We are continuing our series on how to use Sweet Potato Butter with Sweet Potato Pancakes, Sweet Potato Baklava & whatever else we can dream up.

I haven't figured out what this week's cupcake will be yet so it'll be as much a surprise to you as to me ;)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm excited for the soups and stews as well. Menu looks good.

Anonymous said...

I wish I could make just soup for dinner. Sadly, my husband wants to know what's for dinner after the soup!

kat said...

Biz - I'm lucky Matt thinks soup is the perfect dinner

Megan said...

wow...I missed the sweet potato curry before. YUM. Sweet Potatoes are my absolute favorite fall vegetable.

Thanks so much, Meg

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Get Email Updates!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Measurement Abbreviations

T = Tablespoon
t = teaspoon
c = cup
lb = pound
oz - ounce

Labels

Blog Archive

Contributors

Blog Directory for Minneapolis, Minnesota