Monday, October 20, 2008

Weekly Menu 10/20 - 10/25/08 & Paninis

Now that it is chillier I'm on a panini kick, I just love a warm sandwich for lunch. We don't have a special panini grill but we do have an iron panini press that we use will our grill pan.
Apple & Cheddar Panini
We just heat the pan & the press on the stove top & we are ready to go. You could even just heat two heavy pans & get the same result.
Apple & Cheddar Panini
As part of our apple craze this panini is made with cheddar, sliced apples & Dijon mustard.
fig, prosciutto & cream cheese panini
This one was exceptionally yummy. It had cream cheese, fig spread, prosciutto and red onions. It was the perfect mix of sweet & salty plus creamy & crunchy.

On to Menu Planning Monday....

We're still down in Austin, TX this Monday & Tuesday eating some good BBQ & Tex-Mex but Wednesday its back to our own kitchen.

Crock Pot Rump Roast in Au Jus - I just realized there are two rump roasts in the freezer I need to make.

Chicken Fingers & Roasted Vegetables with Indian BBQ Sauce

Creamy Chicken Wild Rice Soup - Making a pot of this is a true sign that cold weather is upon us.

Pork Tenderloin Stuffed with Acorn Squash - This will hopefully be our entry for the Royal Foodie Joust

9 comments:

Peter M said...

Love your panini-press dooddad. Me, I use my Forman grill 'cause it gets little other use!

Stacey Snacks said...

Kat,
I make paninis in a grill pan with a heavy Le Creuset pot lid on top.
They come out terrific every time!
Happy Monday!
Stacey

Deborah said...

I love how you do that! I was going to ask for a panini press for Christmas, but maybe I don't need one!

Nikki @ NikSnacks said...

Your 1st pic makes me happy and warm inside. I'm at work right now, but I'm going home to make one of those panini, too. Pork, apples, and Swiss.

Kelly said...

eat at chuys and have some amy's ice cream!!!! my tummy is growling just thinking about it.

HungryinSW said...

I love paninis. I try and reserve little left over pulled pork to make Cubanos on my panini press. Your apple and cheese version sounds like a great sandwich and can certainly be built upon. Thanks for all the good ideas!

grace said...

they're all gorgeous, but that fella with the fig spread caught my eye in particular. fantastic.

Lori said...

Pannini, this is one on my to do list as well. Yours looks amazing! The fig spread with the prosciutto and red onions... hmmm.

Leslie said...

My goodness..this sandwich looks wonderful! I need to get a Pannini press!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Get Email Updates!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Measurement Abbreviations

T = Tablespoon
t = teaspoon
c = cup
lb = pound
oz - ounce

Labels

Blog Archive

Contributors

Blog Directory for Minneapolis, Minnesota